Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Better chances of upgrade in LAX or DXB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying round trip LAX-DXB in Nov on the 380 and was wondering if I have a better chance of paid upgrade from j to f in LAX or DXB or if it's even possible to tell.

Secondly can anyone estimate how much cash they would want for this?

Thanks
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Herrick
I'm flying round trip LAX-DXB in Nov on the 380 and was wondering if I have a better chance of paid upgrade from j to f in LAX or DXB or if it's even possible to tell.

Thanks
Equally possible at any station for fare difference. EK doesn't do reduced cost cash upgrades generally, except for the occasional email offer which doesn't include most amenities of the higher class. J to F you'd already have those generally (except F lounge in DXB)
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. If it's just strict fare difference I guess I'll languish in F.
Better I don't know what I'm missing since I can't afford it!
Old Sep 18, 2016, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. If it's just strict fare difference I guess I'll languish in F.
Better I don't know what I'm missing since I can't afford it!
Sorry, meant languish in J!
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:10 am

Programs: Skywards Gold

Thanks
I've never seen an "offer" of a paid upgrade j to f as skywardhunter mentioned. If you are on a flex or flex plus ticket it's worth checking the fare difference as sometimes you'd be surprised!
Old Sep 19, 2016, 7:34 am

It's unlikely to happen but if anywhere they will be ex-USA as that's the only place I've seen them.

I'm not sure if they will do J-F but last time I saw a IAD-DXB Y-J upgrade for 1k USD on the day, two years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.