FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   New boarding music (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1787872-new-boarding-music.html)

skywardhunter Aug 30, 2016 10:12 am

New boarding music

On EK529 just walked on and they were playing some "Come fly with me" song. Asked the FA and she confirmed it's new boarding music. Now some generic hold music piano thing playing.

A bit sad if they don't play the EK songs at all (will wait to deplane in DXB to see if they play it then) as it always evokes a bit of an excitement for travel in me.

Now playing: Don't worry about a thing. Maybe a response to EK521 for flights from India? Subliminal messaging? :D

RichL Aug 30, 2016 11:30 am

I like the piano thing if its the same one I am thinking about.

ioto1902 Aug 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 27140526)
On EK529 just walked on and they were playing some "Come fly with me" song. Asked the FA and she confirmed it's new boarding music. Now some generic hold music piano thing playing.

A bit sad if they don't play the EK songs at all (will wait to deplane in DXB to see if they play it then) as it always evokes a bit of an excitement for travel in me.

Now playing: Don't worry about a thing. Maybe a response to EK521 for flights from India? Subliminal messaging? :D

Hum.
"Come fly with me" reminds me of transatlantic flights in 707, and the first time I arrive in PAA worldport dressed in blazer and flanel pants (as we were all dressed at that time).
Trying to steal the best years of US carriers. Clever move indeed.

skywardhunter Aug 30, 2016 4:22 pm

On arrival they played "Leaving on a Jet Plane" which is an awesome song for flying of course.

Mr_Ed Aug 30, 2016 5:00 pm

Had all sorts of classic hits yesterday including the Beatles on EK503 from BOM.

eternaltransit Aug 31, 2016 5:00 am

The new EK boarding and disembarking music is now a medley of easy listening / travel related famous hits.

If you want to listen to the old boarding/disembarking music, it can faintly be heard before you approach T3 customs :D

murtaza12 Aug 31, 2016 9:32 am

Flew EK613 from ISB and they had all sorts of classics playing. I'm not into that kind of music, so the only one I could recognize was the Beatles.

I miss the old EK music, the one by Christian Saglie.

ft101 Aug 31, 2016 11:51 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 27144619)
The new EK boarding and disembarking music is now a medley of easy listening / travel related famous hits.

I'm not sure I like that idea.

Not with EK, but several years ago I had two aborted landing attempts at MAN before being diverted to GLA (weather related). On our eventual return to MAN, the background music was Night Swimming (REM) and I Believe I Can Fly (R. Kelly).

Neither filled us with confidence.

Saltire74 Aug 31, 2016 4:40 pm

I like the the boarding music that they have played up until recently. You only really hear it when you're on the plane and gives me that feeling of something exciting, flying, travelling and ultimately, taking me home :D. It has a feel good theme.

Please keep the original style :p.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Arctic Troll Sep 1, 2016 6:50 am

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 27146486)
On our eventual return to MAN, the background music was Night Swimming (REM) and I Believe I Can Fly (R. Kelly).

Neither filled us with confidence.

Airtours used to play Shakespear's Sister..."you'd better hope and pray, you wake one day". Gulp.

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Maybe a response to EK521 for flights from India?

Burn Baby Burn by Ash?

*ducks*

irishguy28 Sep 1, 2016 7:03 am

Crash! Boom! Bang! by Roxette

petercek Sep 1, 2016 7:50 am

Heard several ones today:
- Free as a bird by Beatles
- I'm like a bird by Nelly Furtado
- Everybody wants to rule the world by Tears For Fears
- I believe I can fly by R Kelly

and a classic one!

Disliked R Kelly screaming he could fly after my long night flight...

londonba2014 Dec 11, 2016 2:02 am

Bit of a random one, I don't suppose anyone might know one of the song's now played during boarding (It sounds like the Beatles) but it's not Free as a bird?

Thanks!

skywardhunter Dec 11, 2016 2:08 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014 (Post 27594854)
Bit of a random one, I don't suppose anyone might know one of the song's now played during boarding (It sounds like the Beatles) but it's not Free as a bird?

Thanks!

This one?

londonba2014 Dec 11, 2016 2:13 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 27594869)

Nope not that one :( - I'm trying to recall the lyrics!