Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates - The myth of the free limo transfer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates - The myth of the free limo transfer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down Emirates - The myth of the free limo transfer

Some time back we booked business class flights with Emirates from HKG to Europe, returning from Athens. Emirates were similarly priced to other airlines, but we booked them as it had benefit of limo transfers (for business and first) which were advertised heavily on HK website. When I called them to book the limo, they advised that it only applied to First Class passengers in HK, and no transfers at all were available in Athens. So, no benefit !
Annoyed, I then revisited other airlines, and ended up cancelling the Emirates flights, and booking a last minute deal with Qatar instead. Sure Qatar do not provide limo transfers, but the flights were $11,000 HKD cheaper per person (business class on the new 787).
Emirates, don't advertise what you don't deliver. Yes, in the very fine print these nuances and exclsuions are documented, but this is not obvious when booking. Enjoy the missed revenue and empty seats our last minute cancellation (hopefully) created. We are enjoying Qatar.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Well firstly i hope you know that FT is not EK nor QR in any corporate way at all. So complaining here will provide no substantiative effect if you don't provide further comment.
While I do think EK should provide a more thorough definition of services at points of service when it comes to amenities such as limo service HK is one of the few places where service is so clearly defined.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
The booking confirmation page clearly states what amenities (incl chauffeur drive if applicable) are available to you on that booking.

Just another one post wonder.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The Chauffeur details page at http://www.emirates.com/au/english/f...eur-drive.aspx is very clear

For Hong Kong it does indeed state

Originally Posted by EK
Chauffeur-drive service is offered to First Class passengers only. Please contact your local Emirates office if you wish to book this service.
and for Europe, Athens is not listed

Emirates does not advertise that it offers chauffeur service in those locations for business class passengers
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:05 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
HND is listed while NRT isn't. etc etc
It is not the "end of the myth". It is just that, in some rare cities, EK couldn't find a satisfying supplier.
Nevertheless, these exceptions should probably be better emphasized at time of booking (before confirmation / payment).
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by LB88
(business class on the new 787).
Just be careful which DOH-ATH flight you pick. 2 of the 3 are single aisle A320/321's. Hopefully it's well advertised.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:09 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
While granted its been almost a year since I flew from DXB - TOKYO, EK absolutely had a chauffeur drive for me in both directions. HND is not such a big deal but NRT was a great perk. Is

usually use taxis when not flying EK & it really irks me paying $2-300 each way. DOES EK STILL OFFER CHAUFFER DRIVE TO/FROM NRT.??
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
While granted its been almost a year since I flew from DXB - TOKYO, EK absolutely had a chauffeur drive for me in both directions. HND is not such a big deal but NRT was a great perk. Is

usually use taxis when not flying EK & it really irks me paying $2-300 each way. DOES EK STILL OFFER CHAUFFER DRIVE TO/FROM NRT.??
EK only has CD from HND not NRT
Old Aug 16, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: Skywards,
Originally Posted by LB88
Some time back we booked business class flights with Emirates from HKG to Europe, returning from Athens. Emirates were similarly priced to other airlines, but we booked them as it had benefit of limo transfers (for business and first) which were advertised heavily on HK website. When I called them to book the limo, they advised that it only applied to First Class passengers in HK, and no transfers at all were available in Athens. So, no benefit !
Annoyed, I then revisited other airlines, and ended up cancelling the Emirates flights, and booking a last minute deal with Qatar instead. Sure Qatar do not provide limo transfers, but the flights were $11,000 HKD cheaper per person (business class on the new 787).
Emirates, don't advertise what you don't deliver. Yes, in the very fine print these nuances and exclsuions are documented, but this is not obvious when booking. Enjoy the missed revenue and empty seats our last minute cancellation (hopefully) created. We are enjoying Qatar.
$11,000 HKD for a limo is expensive anyways...
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: Alaska
Same problem- Just denied chauffeur service

We are flying EK from LAX-DXB-FCO, and while we knew that we would not qualify for the hotel layover benefit, we were told that chauffeur service would be available to us. In fact, it even shows up on our reservations online to book it. Today, we discovered that we would NOT be provided with chauffeur service, despite the fact we have two pax in first, and one in business. Yes, we are flying on miles, and we made these reservations in January. It seems that EK treats its own miles customers far differently than its partner airline customers. We are very disappointed to be missing out on the full EK experience.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The "full" experience would normally also include paying a large amount of money for the flights

The chauffeur drive T&Cs at http://www.emirates.com/au/english/p...onditions.aspx do state

Originally Posted by EK
•Chauffeur-drive service is not available on reward tickets booked via Emirates Skywards airline partners for travel on Emirates (with the exception of Qantas).
Is your booking with a partner , since a Skywards redemption should ( I believe ) be entitled to it ?
Old Aug 16, 2016, 7:46 pm

Hello, I flew EK 1st class from HK to DUB in March and received an airport pick up & return home. I upgraded on miles.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by m3red
EK only has CD from HND not NRT
I got it last year from NRT........I thought that was standard at the time for F class........could it have been because of my IO???? I never had a chance to even try to book it......My IO rep called me a week before my flight to book it for me. However, I am pretty sure they offered Chauffeur drive for F from NRT a few years ago.....maybe Not a year ago when I had it but I'm pretty sure a few years ago they had it for all F class passengers (I could be wrong but I don't think so
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by mamabigdog
We are flying EK from LAX-DXB-FCO, and while we knew that we would not qualify for the hotel layover benefit, we were told that chauffeur service would be available to us. In fact, it even shows up on our reservations online to book it. Today, we discovered that we would NOT be provided with chauffeur service, despite the fact we have two pax in first, and one in business. Yes, we are flying on miles, and we made these reservations in January. It seems that EK treats its own miles customers far differently than its partner airline customers. We are very disappointed to be missing out on the full EK experience.
Arguably ek treated Alaska flyers more favourably....it's only a car, if you are that bothered pay for meet and greet and get a limo booked with the significant $ saving on the seats.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
I got it last year from NRT........I thought that was standard at the time for F class........could it have been because of my IO???? I never had a chance to even try to book it......My IO rep called me a week before my flight to book it for me. However, I am pretty sure they offered Chauffeur drive for F from NRT a few years ago.....maybe Not a year ago when I had it but I'm pretty sure a few years ago they had it for all F class passengers (I could be wrong but I don't think so
I've done 2 trips in Japan the last 12 months and it was why I flew into HND.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.