Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

DFW - On which side of plane is the bridge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW - On which side of plane is the bridge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
@adampenrith: I really like your post above as I completely agree with what you've written. But I think you posted it in the wrong thread...?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:25 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by kq747
For international arrivals at IAD, passengers disembark directly into the "moon buggy" and are then taken to the arrivals building.
Years ago, before the terminals were expanded, they also were used for some domestic flights (e.g., DFW-IAD).
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Sant
I wasn't sure if DFW did anything special to accommodate two A380s which are parked near each other.
DFW only has one daily (QF) A380 operation. Even when EK operated an A380, it used the same two same A380-capable gates (D15/16), since its aircraft arrived and departed earlier in the day.

I'm not sure that DFW has two sets of A380-capable gates. It would make sense that it does.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 5:12 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by Saltire74
I remember once flying into a US airport, cannot remember which one, and these large transporters attached themselves to the plane then shuttled everybody off to the arrivals docking station. Something rumbles in my mind they may have used both sides of the aircraft to disembark (but I may be, and probably am, talking nonsense).

Safe & Happy Travels

S
We've done that somewhere. I'm thinking San Francisco but my husband thought Boston.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by kq747
@adampenrith: I really like your post above as I completely agree with what you've written. But I think you posted it in the wrong thread...?
And I can guess exactly who he was responding to
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by wrp96
Sounds like IAD
Old YUL had these as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.