Premium Economy - Coming Soon!

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Premium Economy - Coming Soon!

You heard it here first (although via a rather trashy Dubai online tabloid):

http://www.shortlistdubai.com/around...-class-of-seat

It's an interesting development for the airline.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Work-Shy
You heard it here first (although via a rather trashy Dubai online tabloid):

http://www.shortlistdubai.com/around...-class-of-seat

It's an interesting development for the airline.
nothing confirmed at all. TC said they look into it (obviously), also new FC next year and not in 2018

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/emira...ss-631324.html
Old May 16, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Well it may come one day ..... or it may never come at all.

It has undoubtedly proved to be successful/popular for several other carriers - one player that springs to mind is Cathay Pacific, who seem to have got the formula right (judging by some of the loads I've seen when wandering around the aircraft mid-flight.....)
Old May 16, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Those sweet Y > J bumps . . . will be memories.
Old May 16, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
yes op up from 3 4 3 in economy to maybe 3 3 3 in premium economy.. if ever PE happens!!

I cant see Emirates making a PE product anything special given how they like to cram in as many seats as possible in all classes, with no where near enough toilets on board and galley areas so small and pokey

Triple 7 i refer to... A380 is pretty spacious though
Old May 16, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by stanontour
yes op up from 3 4 3 in economy to maybe 3 3 3 in premium economy.. if ever PE happens!!

I cant see Emirates making a PE product anything special given how they like to cram in as many seats as possible in all classes, with no where near enough toilets on board and galley areas so small and pokey

Triple 7 i refer to... A380 is pretty spacious though
I could see it being a 2-4-2 like the old A346s on some airlines
Old May 18, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Also somewhat cautious as to if they actually introduce PE in the foreseeable future... ...would prefer if they first finally moved away from 2-3-2 in 777 C (undortunately not in the cards, given that the new C seat on the 777 remains 2-3-2)!
Old May 18, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Wtravel
Also somewhat cautious as to if they actually introduce PE in the foreseeable future... ...would prefer if they first finally moved away from 2-3-2 in 777 C (undortunately not in the cards, given that the new C seat on the 777 remains 2-3-2)!
I think they would have to for PE to work
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:26 am

I'm happy with Emirates Y seats layouts.
Yes 2 seats in the window side would be great, but 3-4-3 or 3-3-3 is no difference for me as long as I have enough space to keep my legs below the seat in front of me and I can select my seat online without any fee.

I'm also rather happy with Y service, so what can be better in Economy Premium?
Just higher prices?
I will go for it if it include lie flat beds with economy service and would be cheaper then J.
If not - I can't see any reason to use it - can for airline it's probably more expensive to maintain one class more?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Trusty
I'm happy with Emirates Y seats layouts.
Yes 2 seats in the window side would be great, but 3-4-3 or 3-3-3 is no difference for me as long as I have enough space to keep my legs below the seat in front of me and I can select my seat online without any fee.

I'm also rather happy with Y service, so what can be better in Economy Premium?
Just higher prices?
I will go for it if it include lie flat beds with economy service and would be cheaper then J.
If not - I can't see any reason to use it - can for airline it's probably more expensive to maintain one class more?
Bigger pillow, better blanket, more cushioning on the seat, more pitch, better recline (definitely not lie-flat), perhaps larger IFE, and more substantial meals
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Bigger pillow, better blanket, more cushioning on the seat, more pitch, better recline (definitely not lie-flat), perhaps larger IFE, and more substantial meals
meals are now good in Economy.
All other listed above is not worth, for me, higher price.
Well I could go for lounge access in Dubai if Premium is only slightly more expensive then Economy.

But there is a risk: maybe they will reduce quality of service in Economy to make space for Premium Economy? That would be really bad.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:40 am

meals are now good in Economy.
Well I could go for lounge access in Dubai if Premium is only slightly more expensive then Economy.

But there is a risk: maybe they will reduce quality of service in Economy to make space for Premium Economy? That would be really bad.
Agree that Y meals are pretty good but in premium it could be better plates and cutlery and maybe free sparkling wine (not quite champagne). You'll never see lounge access for premium Y unless they build a dedicated lounge for it. Gold and Plats would revolt before they let prem Y into J lounges.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Gold and Plats would revolt before they let prem Y into J lounges.
Paid J would as well. Bad enough silvers have access at DXB
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:01 am

Apart from legroom, I tend to agree. I never use a pillow, blanket or IFE. Recline I can take it or leave it and the regular Y seats have enough cushioning (or maybe it's me).

I regularly pay on LCCs for extra legroom, but it's not required so much on EK and I couldn't see PE pricing tempting me.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by pokeable
Paid J would as well. Bad enough silvers have access at DXB
I disagree. Compared to many other carriers EK is stricter on Silver access, as they only permit 2/3 DXB lounges to be used and don't permit outstation access even in their own managed lounges, unlike EY for instance. Then again the EY ground experience is so terrible the lounge access barely makes a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.