Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Print Wikipost

Transiting through DXB

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by g289t
I did this a month ago. I had a day layover on Emirates between Africa and the US. I used the layover to take a day trip to Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, flying from Dubai to Bahrain on Gulf Air. The connection between my EK and GF flights was very tight, 2h 10m. I found the airside bus shuttle to T1, but I had just missed it. I had to wait about 40m until the next one. I arrived at T1 at 7:15 AM for my 8:00 AM Gulf Air flight. I of course had to go through security at T1, but not immigration. T1 security was deserted, so I breezed right through and was at the gate a few minutes after getting off the bus.

That evening I arrived into T1 on the Gulf Air flight from Bahrain at 10:35 PM. My Emirates flight to the US was leaving from T3 B at 2:20 AM+1, so I had plenty of time. I took the airside shuttle bus from T1 to T3.

I only experience the shuttle at B, so I'm not sure if it goes to the other terminals. I know that when I was on it that it did not stop at any other terminals. All of my EK flights were into and out of B, so I had no reason to go anywhere else.
Thank you very much for the data point - I guess the bus timing will be luck of the draw, but otherwise doesn't sound too stressful. My partner's flight will arrive at 6:30pm and our flight to BEY will leave at 9pm, so hopefully enough time assuming no missed buses!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Another Transit Question

I am flying from Johannesburg to SFO transiting in Dubai, all in first class. I arrive in Dubai at 5:00am with a. 3 1/2 hour transit time. My
TA is recommending we get Mahaba service to get through immigration and then to plane. I’m confused as I did not think we had to go
through immigration if we are just transiting in the airport. Does it help with expediting security? Have on,unused this service in the past when
landing and staying in Dubai. Thanks in advance for advice as I’ve never transited there before and have not been to the airport fir a number of years.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:17 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Larkin
I am flying from Johannesburg to SFO transiting in Dubai, all in first class. I arrive in Dubai at 5:00am with a. 3 1/2 hour transit time. My
TA is recommending we get Mahaba service to get through immigration and then to plane. I’m confused as I did not think we had to go
through immigration if we are just transiting in the airport. Does it help with expediting security? Have on,unused this service in the past when
landing and staying in Dubai. Thanks in advance for advice as I’ve never transited there before and have not been to the airport fir a number of years.
When transiting, you just go though transit security, not through immigration. There is a fast track transit security which you can use when in F (or J, or when you have Gold or Plat status), but to be honest I seldom use it as the 'regular' transit security is usually quick and efficient. I would certainly never spend money on Mahaba for this. Off the plane, through transit security and to the F lounge would be my advice!
iFlyMoreThanYou likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:08 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by thijsseh
When transiting, you just go though transit security, not through immigration. There is a fast track transit security which you can use when in F (or J, or when you have Gold or Plat status), but to be honest I seldom use it as the 'regular' transit security is usually quick and efficient. I would certainly never spend money on Mahaba for this. Off the plane, through transit security and to the F lounge would be my advice!
Indeed. Sounds like the TA is on commission
kq747 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
It kind of is the regular transit security. You end up in the same queue at the x-ray part and most of the time the First/Business/Plat/Gold 'entrance' is not manned or the person there lets everyone through! But I would agree, doesn't really make a difference, it is always pretty quick getting through.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Thank you! It’s what I thought but wanted to confirm!
Old Mar 7, 2021, 5:11 am

How busy is transit security?

Anyone with recent experience (last couple of months) on how busy the transit security is at DXB?

I'm at risk from COVID and don't want to be standing in a crowded queue for half an hour. I would consider booking a premium transit service if that's the case.

I'll be arriving on a flight from SYD
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:06 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by sharp5flat9
The bags are intercepted inside the airport baggage system before they are delivered to the carousel, then retagged and sent to the next carrier. If you don't have your boarding pass in advance, just get it from the transfer desk.

http://www.marhabaservices.com/engli...ces/meet-greet ... click on the 'Transfer' tab. I would ask them whether they apply a minimum transfer time. The service is mainly targeted at people who can't go landside due to visa restrictions.
If I'm on QR from DOH to DXB, and departing DXB on EK to SFO, I assume QR will not tag my bags beyond DXB, but I can use Marhaba at DXB to intercept and re-check my luggage with EK, meaning that I can remain a transit passenger; is that correct? Does being U.S.-bound affect my eligibility for this service with Marhaba; and does being U.S.-bound change how long the layover at DXB is allowed to be for Marhaba to help me? It would be nice to avoid having to pull my own bags and re-check them, if possible. Thanks much.
BadoRas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.