Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Print Wikipost

Transiting through DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond

Thank you for the replies... I like the airside hotel option. That would avoid the time required to get back through security coming back into the airport. Does Dubai Connect apply to those airside hotels as well?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by cguzik
Thank you for the replies... I like the airside hotel option. That would avoid the time required to get back through security coming back into the airport. Does Dubai Connect apply to those airside hotels as well?
Dubai Connect will put you in a hotel about 5 mins drive from the airport, typically the Le Meridien or Al Bustan Rotana. If you log into Manage my booking check at the bottom as your scroll down it should show up, you need to book it in advance.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:52 am

Do We Need To Get Into Training?

In just shy of three weeks we'll be coming off the EK773 from CPT for three of us to connect to the EK11 to LGW and one the EK21 to MAN. Travelling in J all flights, should we simply be expecting to be off one flight and onto the next or will we have time to visit the lounges so I can stock up on disposable razors
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
That depends on how much time you have between flights.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by cguzik
You can speed through immigration/customs by spending about $30 on Marhaba meet and greet service. No one in line when I used their Bronze service.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
That depends on how much time you have between flights.
About 90 mins. I know there's not much we can do about it so shouldn't get stressed but am interested in the likelihood of remote stand arrival and if so whether we'll all get put on the same bus to the same terminal.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:20 am
Suspended

So you might have a bit of lounge time but not much.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:27 am

Connection/Transfer

My mum is on a 20 hour transfer in DXB prior to heading to London. When booking the flight they didn't realise the connection would be this long.

When they land in DXB can they approach the transfer desk to see if they can be moved on to an earlier flight with out charge ?

Last edited by currybeast; Sep 24, 2016 at 11:28 am Reason: spelling error
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
My understanding is that they would be charged the change fee and fare difference which could be quite expensive!

No harm in asking, but have no expectation.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 1:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by currybeast
My mum is on a 20 hour transfer in DXB prior to heading to London. When booking the flight they didn't realise the connection would be this long.

When they land in DXB can they approach the transfer desk to see if they can be moved on to an earlier flight with out charge ?
They can ask, but should expect the answer to be 'no'.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 4:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by currybeast

The answer will probably be no. In this case, I'd suggest booking the airside hotel for a few hours.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:24 am
Suspended

Depending on what the 20 hour window looks like, I'd get out of the airport and to a hotel on the beach.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
We had 22 hours and used it to leave airport, get a hotel and do a quick tour or Dubai (as husband and kids had never been). My experience of trying to get in an earlier flight has always been no.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 9:16 am

Transiting DXB

What's the view on a 1 hour 30 minute transit time in DXB? Flying from IAD to BKK roundtrip in business. Outbound, there would be a 1 hour 35 minute transit from 8:05 am to 9:40 am; inbound the transit would be from 00:50 am to 2:20 am. Should I be changing flights to build in more transit time in DXB? How long does transit security take?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Originally Posted by Tennessee
What's the view on a 1 hour 30 minute transit time in DXB? Flying from IAD to BKK roundtrip in business. Outbound, there would be a 1 hour 35 minute transit from 8:05 am to 9:40 am; inbound the transit would be from 00:50 am to 2:20 am. Should I be changing flights to build in more transit time in DXB? How long does transit security take?
You have plenty of time (I've managed a shower in the lounge in less ut I wouldn't recommend that as final call was being made while I was washing my hair).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.