Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Concourse specific buses at remote stands

Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold

Had the lovely experience of arriving at a remote stand today. Was surprise to find someone with signs with destinations directing pax to a second bus. I figured it must be concourse wise and asked if that bus was going to conc A and if I could take that one (since A J lounge is better than B).

I don't recall this being the case in the past and is a nice change from being dropped in the middle of the C appendage and spending seven moons walking through the terminal. The bus ride still sucks though.

Side anecdote: there's a guy in the lounge just tearing up pieces of paper that appear to be printouts of a presentation. He has his laptop in front of him and looks pissed off. Wonder if he just found out that investment in a J ticket didn't get him the contract... :P
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: EK Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite, Le Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
This week I have arrived three times to remote stands (as I have been flying to the GCC but have slept in Dubai). I have not been offered different buses, but maybe that was because these were the A330 and most of the flights back to Dubai in the evening were almost empty. Maybe it is for more loaded flights?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: EK Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite, Le Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Kant1979
This week I have arrived three times to remote stands (as I have been flying to the GCC but have slept in Dubai). I have not been offered different buses, but maybe that was because these were the A330 and most of the flights back to Dubai in the evening were almost empty. Maybe it is for more loaded flights?
Also I have to say that almost every time I go to Bahrain, Qatar or Oman I get a remote stand for both departure and arrival. However this can be my bad luck. Yesterday Amman flight in the morning went from A concourse (I was not flying there yesterday but I checked to give me and idea for the following day). Today, it was lovely gate C thirty something and 20 minutes bus to the plane, so in fact I think it is just a lottery and I always have the wrong numbers.

Just to clarify, I haven't gone to bed yet so yesterday means Wednesday the 15th and today means Thursday the 16th. Sorry.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kant1979
Arrived from India on moderately full flight at remote stand with different buses then departed to Cape Town on a 65% full flight from a remote stand again (C38) which for CPT is unusual. The gate was showing B17 at T-4h and changed later to bus stand.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Arrived from India on moderately full flight at remote stand with different buses then departed to Cape Town on a 65% full flight from a remote stand again (C38) which for CPT is unusual. The gate was showing B17 at T-4h and changed later to bus stand.
I got bussed on my last flight to Cpt
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:49 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Do they ever put an A380 on remote stands?

S
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, SPG Platinum
90% of my BLQ flights arrive and depart from remote stands
Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74

S
Yes rare but it's happened.

More often is landing at an a380 gate and you have to board through the front stairs or disembark from the stairs whilst the stewards hold the y pax back.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Can confirm that I had the same experience of different buses on my last trip 11 days ago.

Data points below for reference .

Arrived at DXB on EK515 ticketed in J(777-300 ER) on 5th June from DEL. Was dreading the long trek to A concourse from a C or it could even have been D !!!!remote stand just after midnight.

(I was connecting to EK 11 DXB - LGW which is a A380 @0245 and therefore was reasonably sure that it was A concourse but can vary at last minute from my expericence. Due to some error the gates for connecting flights were not displayed on my arrival flight )

As soon as I deplaned, there was a groundcrew member holding a sign directing pax to a differnt buses depending on the connecting flight .

I did ask the crew member and he said that going in that bus will get me directly to the concourse.
A quick look at the signboard looked as if they were all for possible A380 flights / A concourse.
(MAN/LHR/LGW) from memory.

Though I hate remote stands, this did ease the pain a bit.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Can confirm that I had the same experience of different buses on my last trip 11 days ago.

Data points below for reference .

Arrived at DXB on EK515 ticketed in J(777-300 ER) on 5th June from DEL. Was dreading the long trek to A concourse from a C or it could even have been D !!!!remote stand just after midnight.

(I was connecting to EK 11 DXB - LGW which is a A380 @0245 and therefore was reasonably sure that it was A concourse but can vary at last minute from my expericence. Due to some error the gates for connecting flights were not displayed on my arrival flight )

As soon as I deplaned, there was a groundcrew member holding a sign directing pax to a differnt buses depending on the connecting flight .

I did ask the crew member and he said that going in that bus will get me directly to the concourse.
A quick look at the signboard looked as if they were all for possible A380 flights / A concourse.
(MAN/LHR/LGW) from memory.

Though I hate remote stands, this did ease the pain a bit.
Yep precisely the same.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Its happened recently in AKL, we're 1 of 3 A380 gates we're out of service with 3x EK flights departing at the same time it meant 1 flight got buses/stairs.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:54 am

S
A few times - usually on planes with light loads, if it ever comes to it.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:48 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

S
Cheers folks. Was just interested as I could imagine it being quite a laborious task and experience if the flight is fairly busy.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.