Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onboard F&B

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
While the meal choices sounds repetitive to me I've actually found the curries to always be slightly different (of course still being curries, though). I'm really over the biryani and chicken dish on the CPT route though, it's been the same in Y for over a year pretty much
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
The chocolate rotation continues. These were pretty good.

On my flight this week...
Attached Images  

Last edited by extramileage; Sep 27, 2017 at 11:34 pm
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage
On my flight this week...
I had Coco Jalila (the green box with 4 chocs) on my onward to JFK in F, and noticed that they were serving Hotel chocs in J. But on my way back to BOM from JFK yesterday in F (EK 202/500), it was Hotel Chocs in F (& J).

Another thing I noticed that now they don't bring out the chocolates and offer it to everyone - you get chocolates only if you ask for it (another cost cutting measure?).
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by jackiedada
I had Coco Jalila (the green box with 4 chocs) on my onward to JFK in F, and noticed that they were serving Hotel chocs in J. But on my way back to BOM from JFK yesterday in F (EK 202/500), it was Hotel Chocs in F (& J).

Another thing I noticed that now they don't bring out the chocolates and offer it to everyone - you get chocolates only if you ask for it (another cost cutting measure?).
This whole chocolate saga is rather weird. Why change suppliers so often? At the end of the day, it is not an item (unlike hand lotion...) that many customers will feel too strongly about. If you provide chocolates, provide a decent quality, packaging etc. Done.

As it stands, chocolates should be on the menu and offered to everyone. However, I have been on numerous flights (in both J and F) where I also had to ask for them. Standard of service/training issue, or cabin crew simply too busy.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by XXTSGR
This whole chocolate saga is rather weird. Why change suppliers so often? At the end of the day, it is not an item (unlike hand lotion...) that many customers will feel too strongly about. If you provide chocolates, provide a decent quality, packaging etc. Done.

As it stands, chocolates should be on the menu and offered to everyone. However, I have been on numerous flights (in both J and F) where I also had to ask for them. Standard of service/training issue, or cabin crew simply too busy.
I think it's nice to have different varieties. Given the quantities required it's probable they get weekly deliveries from all of them and dole them out as they come in.

As for them being advertised, it's a double-edged sword, in a way them not being on the menu and being offered "in the moment" makes for a pleasant surprise for the 86% of pax who don't know they exist
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:58 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
IIRC they actually are on the menu in J. At the end, with the coffee. So I WANT them. (hand lotion style)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by thijsseh
IIRC they actually are on the menu in J. At the end, with the coffee. So I WANT them. (hand lotion style)
^
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Right.
It even says "luxury chocolate" IIRC.
I got this "Hotel chocolate" also last week. Absolutely never heard of such brand ...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:41 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Right.
It even says "luxury chocolate" IIRC.
I got this "Hotel chocolate" also last week. Absolutely never heard of such brand ...
They are a pretty good premium brand with a number of boutiques in the UK.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:07 am

I usually leave with half a dozen packs in my carry on bag.
thijsseh likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex

I've never asked for them and always seem to get them, so I don't think that's an SOP.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:10 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not my experience. I've always been offered these without any prompting.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
On my recent trip in EK F (3 sectors) I generally had to ask for some with my first coffee. After that they seemed to come automatically . They were the Cocoa Jalila which I liked (prefer them to the overly creamy Godiva and they seem less sweet than the Hotel Chocolat offerings).
I did notice that they are no longer available to take from the F bar but are only on request.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I did notice that they are no longer available to take from the F bar but are only on request.
Exactly! The other thing that I noticed was that the F bar was 'Completely Empty' on EK500 - I mean not even a sandwich. Not sure if this is how it is on short haul flights, but having a bar that is completely devoid of anything isn't a good sight and doesn't help the F experience.

Last edited by jackiedada; Oct 26, 2017 at 11:23 am
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Not my experience. I've always been offered these without any prompting.
Originally Posted by extramileage
I've never asked for them and always seem to get them, so I don't think that's an SOP.
They used to bring them out on a tray and offer it to everyone but I haven't seen them doing that lately. The only time when I have seen them offer a chocolate is when I have ordered coffee. You may want to check on your future flights if they offer chocolates to everyone (as shall I).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.