Wiki Posts
Search

Onboard F&B

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
Were you flying CDG DXB?
It was on a ME regional short haul (inbound). In fact, they had both, Jalila and Rococo.
Maybe, they handed one outbound, and the other one inbound, which may explain why they were melted. (It's not a problem by itself, but, getting sticky fingers is.)
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
The combination of hot weather, the inside adjusted airtemperature wreak havoc on any type of chocolate: it melts - i usually take them home and surprisingly Godiva is more resilient.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Seafood Special Meal In First Class. Any Experience?

Hi All

Has anyone tried the Seafood SPML in First Class? The menus for my flights this weekend have just been published and the one for the PEK-DXB leg I am finding a bit underwhelming.

http://cdn.ek.aero/downloads/ek/pdfs...d39e6c1710b780

I know it's all down to personal taste, but I do like my seafood and was wondering if it would be worth ordering instead of what is on offer on the published menu.

If it comes down to it, could just have some caviar & the cheese board and eat properly in the lounges pre & post flight.

Thanks for any insight.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:35 pm

Took my first Emirates flight and thought share pictures of the AVML meal in J. AVML (Asian Vegetarian Meal) is typical Indian vegetarian meal.

The appetizer Mezze dish with pita bread, hummus and chutney was outstanding.

Long haul breakfast included scrambled cottage cheese. The lunch included three vegetables (chole/chickpeas, mashed eggplant, butter paneer), with rice. Other bread options were available too.

I did find the food bit spicy than usual but overall delicious.

Although it was my first time trying AVML on Emirates, I definitely found it better than the AVML served on Lufthansa or United.
Attached Images     
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:50 pm

They served me Godiva today on EK018 MAN-DXB.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Artisan chocolates in the F class baskets on both flights today. As I have a Gluten intolorence, it was nice to see that a few (most) of the snacks in the basket were also Gluten Free.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jul 7, 2016, 1:02 am

Just about to book my travel on Emirates & had a food service related question

Planning to book the flight EK 203 departing DXB @ 2:50 AM. This will be in J class.

When do they generally start the breakfast service on this flight?

Considering that it is very early morning flight & most of the PAX will sleep, do they offer a service on request i.e. whenever you wake up?
Old Jul 7, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by Redhat72

Planning to book the flight EK 203 departing DXB @ 2:50 AM. This will be in J class.

Considering that it is very early morning flight & most of the PAX will sleep, do they offer a service on request i.e. whenever you wake up?
I was in EK 11 in J a few weeks ago departing at the same time .

The options were light bites around an hour or so after take off ( most passengers preffered to sleep though ). I love the clam chowder on EK and never miss it if available. ;-)

Breakfast (again most pax were sleeping) was around 2 hours prior to arrival.

However since your flight is of a much longer duration the service might be different .
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic

Flew DXB-DFW in J last summer and I looked at my pics time stamps. The first meal is actually a dinner. We were wheels up at 03:15 dubai time. First course was served at 04:26. Breakfast was served at 07:15 Eastern time. As far as I know there is no dine on demand but you can always request snacks/lite bites between the meal services.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by kq747
Flew DXB-DFW in J last summer and I looked at my pics time stamps. The first meal is actually a dinner. We were wheels up at 03:15 dubai time. First course was served at 04:26. Breakfast was served at 07:15 Eastern time. As far as I know there is no dine on demand but you can always request snacks/lite bites between the meal services.
Interesting.

I was under the impression that it would be a breakfast, followed by Lunch but maybe because of weird timings, they consider the early morning meal a dinner.

I think my "on demand" question was more related to the dinner service that they would serve early morning Dubai time. Can I simply request them to get me dinner whenever I wake up instead of the typical time of 4:00 AM or so (considering my flight will depart at 2:50 AM). I would rather board the flight and catch up on sleep since I would have eaten dinner before boarding.

Still would feel weird eating dinner so early in the morning.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:51 am

Interesting.

I was under the impression that it would be a breakfast, followed by Lunch but maybe because of weird timings, they consider the early morning meal a dinner.

I think my "on demand" question was more related to the dinner service that they would serve early morning Dubai time. Can I simply request them to get me dinner whenever I wake up instead of the typical time of 4:00 AM or so (considering my flight will depart at 2:50 AM). I would rather board the flight and catch up on sleep since I would have eaten dinner before boarding.

Still would feel weird eating dinner so early in the morning.
You can tell the order of the meals from the menu. This month's can be seen here:
http://cdn.ek.aero/downloads/ek/pdfs...d39e6be892dc80

I've never really thought about it before, but it could be they're looking at your destination time, and breakfast at 6 or 7am (a couple of hours before you land) makes sense that way, whereas lunch or dinner definitely wouldn't.

Dine on Demand is only available in F.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
You can tell the order of the meals from the menu. This month's can be seen here:
http://cdn.ek.aero/downloads/ek/pdfs...d39e6be892dc80

I've never really thought about it before, but it could be they're looking at your destination time, and breakfast at 6 or 7am (a couple of hours before you land) makes sense that way, whereas lunch or dinner definitely wouldn't.

Dine on Demand is only available in F.
Well the morning departure to Vienna has them serving lunch at around 8am destination (10am Dubai) time so that makes no sense by any standard.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Well the morning departure to Vienna has them serving lunch at around 8am destination (10am Dubai) time so that makes no sense by any standard.
Too late for breakfast so has to be called lunch?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Too late for breakfast so has to be called lunch?
yeah but then why not server it before descent rather? I had just stuffed my face in the lounge so was disappointed to find them serving "lunch" an hour later.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: Executive Club, Skywards
In business do Emirates still give you a cheese board after your dessert? or do you have to choose either a dessert or cheese board?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.