Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Miles redemption with partner airline

Old Apr 20, 16, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to receive a reply once you sent off the redeem miles with partner airlines form?
Old Apr 20, 16, 4:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by FTU1 View Post
Hi, does anyone know how long it takes to receive a reply once you sent off the redeem miles with partner airlines form?
The form can take between 1 - 4 weeks if everything goes well, if something gets lost be ready to wait for eternity.

Better to input your Emirates number when booking with the partner airline, generally SAA miles post within 5- 7 days on my Skywards account.
Old Apr 20, 16, 4:50 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
The form can take between 1 - 4 weeks if everything goes well, if something gets lost be ready to wait for eternity.

Better to input your Emirates number when booking with the partner airline, generally SAA miles post within 5- 7 days on my Skywards account.
if I understand correctly, OP wants to redeem miles..

afaik you can also ring the call center to book the flights (except easyjet), duration around 2-3 days via form
Old Apr 20, 16, 5:17 am
Original Poster

[QUOTE=kuroko;26510583]if I understand correctly, OP wants to redeem miles..

That is correct. I sent off the form via their website but received no acknowledgement email or text, so no way of confirming that they received the request. Right after I sent it, there was a message to say that someone will be in contact after 24 hrs. Its been 2 days so I wasn't sure if I should wait..
Old Apr 20, 16, 8:01 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
I suggest you just call them. It is much easier for them to find availability and dates that work for you without going back and forth on email
Old Apr 20, 16, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by kuroko View Post
if I understand correctly, OP wants to redeem miles..

afaik you can also ring the call center to book the flights (except easyjet), duration around 2-3 days via form
Whoops... My bad
Old Apr 22, 16, 2:40 am

Programs: EK GOLD, AZ FRECCIA ALATA, PR ELITE
Originally Posted by FTU1 View Post
I've tried this for more than 5 times already and they've been promptly replying to me (within an hour). I am not sure if it is because of the status.
Old Apr 22, 16, 3:38 am
Original Poster

I rang them, they said they cant take the same booking over the phone again as I have sent the form by email. In case it might be duplicated or something..so nothing to do but wait...
Old Apr 24, 16, 1:54 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Has anyone had any success making a Qantas redemption booking using miles on the EK website recently?

Every time I try and make an online booking for a Qantas flight with my EK miles, I get the following message:

"Sorry, we have a technical problem at the moment. Please try again later.
If you are still unable to complete your booking, please get in touch with us(Opens a new window) for help."
Old Apr 28, 16, 7:15 pm

Programs: AC/EK
I've decided miles redemption is a hopeless exercise. I have 12k points expiring and decided I'd use 20k to go from Madrid to the Azores. They wanted $217 in tax when I can book the same flights for $270. All that effort for $53 in savings? Feck it.
Old Apr 29, 16, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Baldpacker View Post
I've decided miles redemption is a hopeless exercise. I have 12k points expiring and decided I'd use 20k to go from Madrid to the Azores. They wanted $217 in tax when I can book the same flights for $270. All that effort for $53 in savings? Feck it.
You already posted this in the Skywards thread, cross-posting is neither allowed not necessary.
Old Apr 29, 16, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Ended up ringing them again when the email was not forthcoming. Spoke to a really helpful guy. He booked it instantly and confirmation email came shortly after. Paid 8.91 in taxes so it was well worth the 7500 points spent for a one way flight. I note the same route costs 12500 with Flying blue/DL so no guessing which miles I redeemed
Old Apr 30, 16, 10:21 am

Programs: AC/EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
You already posted this in the Skywards thread, cross-posting is neither allowed not necessary.
My point to OP is don't bother wasting your time.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: