Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

A Late Easter. My EGG Is On The Way. First First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:13 am
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue

Hi All

No other reason other than excitement of my first First on EK. Flight is due to depart GLA at 14:15hrs local and the geek in me got up this morning and checked what aircraft I will be on and what progress it is making from Dubai.

So in a bit of late Easter spirit, I found that I will be flying my first First on an EGG today .

Posted on another thread about using miles to upgrade after check in after having a bit of a numpty moment prior so thanks for advice on that.

After some deliberation I finally opted to do the upgrade on my first outbound so that I can get the most out of the experience even if there will be no bar or shower on the 777-300ER.

CD car confirmed yesterday so looks like we're all good to go.

Chose seat 1A and have been telling all of my family I'm in First Class and showing them pictures of the suites

Looking forward to it so let's hope I won't be disappointed.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Attached Images  
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Enjoy!!! Love that giddy, can't stop grinning, feeling!

It also stuck in my head when I flew on A6-EGG - not normally the type of thing I remember off the top of my head - but it's the little things that make me smile! haha.

Don't eat and drink too much! Just the required amount to try everything!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Enjoy the flight! You can always hope for an op-up on the DXB-PEK leg (although the info on EF about EK 306 does not suggest it is too crowded)
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Enjoy! Make sure you get the hot and cold canopes with the Dom
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:27 pm
Moderator, Emirates
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Well, that was the dogs spherical tissue .

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Pity it's back to J for my next flight .

Going to have to do more EK flights now to get the miles so I can do that again.

Safe & Happy Travels

S

P.S. Took a while for the grin to leave my face
Old Apr 2, 2016, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Well, that was the dogs spherical tissue .
Haha - a phrase I've never heard before but will definitely be using in the future!

Originally Posted by Saltire74
P.S. Took a while for the grin to leave my face
i know that feeling all too well! I think the cabin crew and fellow passengers were starting to wonder about me several years ago when I was like that!

Glad you enjoyed it - but as always - makes it very difficult to travel any other way!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Stephenk82
i know that feeling all too well! I think the cabin crew and fellow passengers were starting to wonder about me several years ago when I was like that!

Glad you enjoyed it - but as always - makes it very difficult to travel any other way!
FWIW all the F crew I know love it when they get a pax giddy to be in F (especially if it's the first time) as they are happy to be there and easy-going.

Infinitely better than having miserable jaded passengers who seem to enjoy nitpicking and perversely getting some sort of kick from how far they can wind themselves up with petty non-issues.

And also better than having over-entitled family of captains travelling who treat the staff like domestic help.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
FWIW all the F crew I know love it when they get a pax giddy to be in F (especially if it's the first time) as they are happy to be there and easy-going.

Infinitely better than having miserable jaded passengers who seem to enjoy nitpicking and perversely getting some sort of kick from how far they can wind themselves up with petty non-issues.

And also better than having over-entitled family of captains travelling who treat the staff like domestic help.
And taking all the space that would be award seats on the MAN flights.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by m3red
And taking all the space that would be award seats on the MAN flights.
Not just award seats, they mess up the load forecasting system so I have to "unnecessarily" have to pay J Flex Plus prices

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.