Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Klrduks
Using Alaska Air miles to fly EK in September/October. I have downloaded the EK iPhone app (iPhone 6s) and loaded my trips. The trips do show but when I try and select them to look at seats etc, it gives me the following message "We are having technical difficulties at this time. Please try again later." This has been happening for several weeks and I even tried deleting and adding them again with the same result. I can review, changes seats, select meals etc. on the website but the app is just not working. Is this common or is it just something with my reservations? Thanks for the help!!
I would put this down to poor mobile app coding - perhaps it can't handle the fact you're on 027 ticket stock!
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, MileagePlus, Marriot
Emirates JetBlue Partnership - Tier Miles

Hello I recently switched from United Mileage Plus to Emirates Skywards and still understanding the program. Currently planning a local US trip and was thinking of using JetBlue as its Emirates airline partner and credit miles to my Emirates Skyward account.

Emirates seems to be using Tier Miles for status and wanted to know if Jetblue trips will count towards Tier mile and help me move up the Emirates Skywards status. I know we can get Skywards credit but was not sure of Tier miles.
Thanks in advance and really appreciate if anyone has knowledge about this.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by flyer789
Hello I recently switched from United Mileage Plus to Emirates Skywards and still understanding the program. Currently planning a local US trip and was thinking of using JetBlue as its Emirates airline partner and credit miles to my Emirates Skyward account.

Emirates seems to be using Tier Miles for status and wanted to know if Jetblue trips will count towards Tier mile and help me move up the Emirates Skywards status. I know we can get Skywards credit but was not sure of Tier miles.
Thanks in advance and really appreciate if anyone has knowledge about this.
To earn tier miles you need to fly EK metal it's not the same as the qf partnership. I keep meaning to try qf but enjoy EK too much
Old Jan 22, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: EK Gold
Anyone know what 77W is on expert flyer for their seat / aircraft codes or is it just having a mare and reporting the wrong info?

Example 73H is a 2 class 300ER

I know what a 77W is but not what expertflyers interpretation is.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by RichL
Anyone know what 77W is on expert flyer for their seat / aircraft codes or is it just having a mare and reporting the wrong info?

Example 73H is a 2 class 300ER

I know what a 77W is but not what expertflyers interpretation is.

I'm not 100% sure whether I understand your question correctly, so I can't be sure that this will be a useful response OR simply tells you what you already knew .... but here goes anyway !

For as long as I have been using expertflyer for EK-related searches, I have noticed a standard advisory on the reporting pages which reads as follows :

"Emirates may use equipment codes that are generally used for a 737, however with Emirates they represent a 777"
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:24 am

Sorry, yes, I'll try and explain better.

Right, the in Emirates Fleet Guide Thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...eet-guide.html it'll say, for example:-

B777-300, 3-class – 12 aircraft
ExpertFlyer aircraft code: 773
Or

B777-300ER, 3-class – 36 aircraft
ExpertFlyer aircraft code: 73M
ExpertFlyer aircraft code: 73N
Are you with me?

So what aircraft layout does Expert Flyers 77W code refer to?

Which, for the date of my flight, instead of it saying something like 73N or 73M like pointed out above, says 77W?

Does that make more sense? Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Ok, yes I am with you now (I think....!) but it seems to me that the info you're looking for is readily available on the EF site.

Personally I tend to ignore the codes used by EF where these might conflict - and simply use the info from their actual seat maps.

When you say "what aircraft layout does Expertflyer's 77W code refer to .....?" well ..... I don't know which particular sector/date you're interested in ....so I just did a random search for a flight that I know uses a 777 : Dublin to Dubai. This of course brought up the seat map by cabin class, immediately above which is a note saying

"Aircraft: 77W (Boeing 777-300ER)"

In cases where you need to decipher which exact variant - and hence configuration - of the same aircraft type (eg across the 777-300 family) is likely to operate your flight, then of course the individual seat maps shown on each search will provide the answer.

Does that help, or am I still missing something ....?
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:41 am

If it says 77W on Expertflyer, you are extremely likely to get the 3-class variant with F suites, i.e. the most common one.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:59 am

Okay thank you.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Ok, yes I am with you now (I think....!) but it seems to me that the info you're looking for is readily available on the EF site.

Personally I tend to ignore the codes used by EF where these might conflict - and simply use the info from their actual seat maps.

When you say "what aircraft layout does Expertflyer's 77W code refer to .....?" well ..... I don't know which particular sector/date you're interested in ....so I just did a random search for a flight that I know uses a 777 : Dublin to Dubai. This of course brought up the seat map by cabin class, immediately above which is a note saying

"Aircraft: 77W (Boeing 777-300ER)"

In cases where you need to decipher which exact variant - and hence configuration - of the same aircraft type (eg across the 777-300 family) is likely to operate your flight, then of course the individual seat maps shown on each search will provide the answer.

Does that help, or am I still missing something ....?
No, thats fine thank you.

I was looking at my upcoming EK40 flight and its normally a two class variant so was expecting to see the code (on EF) relating to that, thats all.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:19 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
If it says 77W on Expertflyer, you are extremely likely to get the 3-class variant with F suites, i.e. the most common one.
It appears that 77W is now used for all Boeing 777-300ER variants (2 and 3 class)
Old Jan 24, 2016, 3:29 am

Thanks - so it has been changed then, their codes.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:00 am

Question Are Economy Saver award flights not bookable with miles?

Sorry, couldn't work out how to delete the post as I found the answer after I posted.... it's because I was only looking to book one way & it needed to be return

Hi

Is there a reason why Expertflyer is showing Economy Saver Award (N) available seats, yet they are not bookable through the Emirates website or app?

I checked through Emirates website for DXB-BNE in Oct 16, but it only showed W (Economy Flex) or Business Flex, so I presumed it was an availablility issue.

However, selecting a date in Apr shows seats are available at both flight codes for Economy but again, on Emirates website it shows only Flex Award available.

With thanks in anticipation for any help or advice,

Cheers

Last edited by gigglemal; Jan 24, 2016 at 8:15 am Reason: oops - I found the answer, sorry !
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:27 pm

I'll be flying Emirates DFW-BLR and it looks like it will be on a "Aircraft: 77W (Boeing 777-300ER)". The 380 is being discontinued out of DFW after next week until September and I'm flying end of March. Is it Row 7 I'm wanting to get on this plane? Or is Row 6 better if it opens up? More concerned with who ever is next to me and being able to get around them to use the rest room. Never flown business class and not sure how much an issue it is to get around/over someone if they are sleeping?
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by beltline
I'll be flying Emirates DFW-BLR and it looks like it will be on a "Aircraft: 77W (Boeing 777-300ER)". The 380 is being discontinued out of DFW after next week until September and I'm flying end of March. Is it Row 7 I'm wanting to get on this plane? Or is Row 6 better if it opens up? More concerned with who ever is next to me and being able to get around them to use the rest room. Never flown business class and not sure how much an issue it is to get around/over someone if they are sleeping?
Row 7 is most often considered the best on here.

If you want a window seat, then it's awkward to get out if the aisle seat is fully reclined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.