FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   New 777 J seat announced (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1750583-new-777-j-seat-announced.html)

eternaltransit Mar 3, 2016 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902 (Post 26280061)
Yes, it would be excellent. And if EK could also copy JL Y, it would also be a huge improvement. But given EK Y load, I'm not very optimistic.

Current minibar (F and C) is not really justified, because it is not refrigerated (as eternaltransit mentioned). Apart from the bottle of water, the rest is a total waste of fuel, particularly concerning bottles made of glass.

BTW, does anybody know why Sunraysia juices is now replaced by a second Voss on C A388 ? (F minibar still has it)

Too many pax asking for extra water (especially with meals), meaning all the additional trips back to the rear galley causing slow service to be even more noticeably slower.

NoY Mar 3, 2016 10:18 pm

2-3-2 is not an issue IF direct aisle access is incorporated. Will it be though?

skywardhunter Mar 3, 2016 10:37 pm

I think the bigger issue is they're releasing this end of 2016, meaning it won't be until mid-2017 until a significant number of aircraft (possibly) have it retrofitted. 18 months from now most of the world's airlines would've moved on to the next generation J products already while EK is just catching up to this generation. I'm sure Qatar, SQ, JL, etc. will release some type of futuristic update by June 2017 and EK will once again be way behind

NoY Mar 4, 2016 6:19 am

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 26281642)
2-3-2 is not an issue IF direct aisle access is incorporated. Will it be though?

Looks like a “no” then :D

Beecharmer Mar 4, 2016 6:58 am

Very slight hope it'll be the Apex Suite used in the excellent JAL cabin but likely dashed by a mini-bar being included.

Beecharmer Mar 4, 2016 7:17 am

...Though someone mentioned the 'diamond' LH 748 Business Class as being an option due to B/E Aerospace prod. - sincerely hope not. It's awful.

agjil Mar 4, 2016 7:44 am

Very disappointing EK is not going 1-2-1 in J, UNLESS the new J seats are going to be similar to JL's sky suite seats.

ft101 Mar 7, 2016 6:02 am

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 26281642)

This article from a couple of months ago indicates it will be:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-to-...business-class

NoY Mar 8, 2016 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by ft101 (Post 26295985)
This article from a couple of months ago indicates it will be:

http://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-to-...business-class

Mmmm? Just more speculation though :)

subject2load Mar 8, 2016 9:27 pm

Speculation maybe.

But I generally find ausbt.com articles to be pretty well-researched.

m3red Mar 8, 2016 10:39 pm

We will find out later.

My issue with this is that it takes EK ages to retro fit and then we'll have threads asking will I get new J or old j OR even more of a first world problem new F old F or skycruisers! :D

subject2load Mar 9, 2016 1:13 am

Well if ausbt.com have got it right (and my hunch is that they have) ) there will be NO retrofitting.

The idea is that the new J seat will be fitted to any new delivery 777-300ER's, but not to the existing fleet - which will seemingly be retired in 2020, by which time the new generation 777X will be in service, which will also get the new seats from the start.

Much as I like EK, I now see little reason to fly their outdated J product in their current 777 models. As a regular solo traveller, there are far better options out there ; and no amount of USB/HDMI ports or bigger TV screens can persuade me to choose 2-3-2 over 1-2-1.

So .... if I am to stick with EK, it has to be F which remains satisfactory (and J would also work for me on the A380) ; otherwise.... it's another carrier.

m3red Mar 9, 2016 2:18 am

Originally Posted by subject2load (Post 26305812)
Well if ausbt.com have got it right (and my hunch is that they have) ) there will be NO retrofitting.

The idea is that the new J seat will be fitted to any new delivery 777-300ER's, but not to the existing fleet - which will seemingly be retired in 2020, by which time the new generation 777X will be in service, which will also get the new seats from the start.

Much as I like EK, I now see little reason to fly their outdated J product in their current 777 models. As a regular solo traveller, there are far better options out there ; and no amount of USB/HDMI ports or bigger TV screens can persuade me to choose 2-3-2 over 1-2-1.

So .... if I am to stick with EK, it has to be F which remains satisfactory (and J would also work for me on the A380) ; otherwise.... it's another carrier.

Fair points. Its probably why I try to book F over J as for me there is a big difference. My first J flight tonight in more than one year so will be interesting to see what I think after being spoilt by F.

Still awaiting this announcement...opens @ 10 am 1pm UAE time.

QatarA340 Mar 9, 2016 2:23 am

The new business class seats are truly dissapointing! Once again Emirates failed to get into the aisle-access for all wagon again, and have opted for the SAME seating as their current offering with a few changes.

The new seats are two generations ago!

Moreover, the dreaded 7 across option is still included!

m3red Mar 9, 2016 2:40 am

Originally Posted by QatarA340 (Post 26305927)
The new business class seats are truly dissapointing! Once again Emirates failed to get into the aisle-access for all wagon again, and have opted for the SAME seating as their current offering with a few changes.

The new seats are two generations ago!

Moreover, the dreaded 7 across option is still included!

Pics?

They are making too much money and too many people are prepared to pay for an inferior hard product.