Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Business class Carry On allowence

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UR, Skyward, MR

Greetings,

I am flying Emirates,

JFK-DXB J class

I wanted to ask if Emirates allows two Carry On bages.If anyone had previousy flown with two Carry Ons of such dimensions.

One Travelpro Crew 10 Carry-On Rolling Garment Bag (22")
Size 21.75 x 14 x 9,

and SwissGear Travel Gear ScanSmart Backpack 1900.

I have my IPAD, LapTop etc in the Backpack.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by Explorer3
Greetings,

I am flying Emirates,

JFK-DXB J class

I wanted to ask if Emirates allows two Carry On bages.If anyone had previousy flown with two Carry Ons of such dimensions.

Size 21.75 x 14 x 9,

Emirates rules (as per website) are :
First Class and Business Class customers are permitted two pieces of carry-on baggage: one briefcase plus either one handbag or one garment bag. The briefcase may not exceed 18 x 14 x 8 inches (45 x 35 x 20cm); the handbag may not exceed 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20cm); the garment bag can be no more than 8 inches (20cm) thick when folded. The weight of each piece must not exceed 7kg (15lb).

On older A388, the storage bins window side is only 8 inch high.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Greetings,

I am flying Emirates,

JFK-DXB J class

Size 21.75 x 14 x 9,

Sometimes Google is quicker than posting on a forum: http://www.emirates.com/in/english/p...age_rules.aspx

you're allowed two, while Y pax get one, however I carry two in Y all the time as well and never had an issue (except perhaps a little persuasion at the check-in once or twice).
Old Feb 21, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
First Class and Business Class customers are permitted two pieces of carry-on baggage: one briefcase plus either one handbag or one garment bag. The briefcase may not exceed 18 x 14 x 8 inches (45 x 35 x 20cm); the handbag may not exceed 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20cm); the garment bag can be no more than 8 inches (20cm) thick when folded. The weight of each piece must not exceed 7kg (15lb).
Economy Class customers are permitted one piece of carry-on baggage, either a handbag or laptop bag, that may not exceed 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20cm) and must weigh no more than 15lb (7kg).
Note: For customers boarding in India, the size of carry-on baggage may not exceed 45.3 total inches or 115cm (length + width + height).
Duty free purchases such as liquor, cigarettes and perfume are also permitted in reasonable quantities for all service classes. However, liquid restrictions in effect in many airports may prevent these items from getting past security screening points. See more about liquid restrictions.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Thank you for all the feed back.
I did read their website and I was aware of their discription there. My question was of more concerning to someone's personal experience.

Since I am flying A380, I wanted to know if Emirates would make any fuss over those two bags.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
..Since I am flying A380, I wanted to know if Emirates would make any fuss over those two bags.

Very good question. Would have been good in the first post.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
I am a regular at JFK. 1 carry on + 1 personal item is allowed without any fuss in all 3 classes. I always have a 55cm strolley + laptop bag with me and have never been questioned.

In J or F, you should be absolutely fine with your travel bag + backpack.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jackiedada
I am a regular at JFK. 1 carry on + 1 personal item is allowed without any fuss in all 3 classes. I always have a 55cm strolley + laptop bag with me and have never been questioned.

In J or F, you should be absolutely fine with your travel bag + backpack.
This is exactly what I was llooking for, Thank you so much
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: QR Gold
You will not have any issue with the two bags. Carried bigger bags myself.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I have read the rules regarding carry ons but want to know from someone who has flown the A380 in First. I usually travel with a rolling bag full of camera equipment that I suppose must weigh about 14kg. It fits in a typical US carrier overhead with no problem. I am hesitant to check this piece of luggage due to the value of the equipment. In addition I have a Tumi briefcase on a shoulder strap. Two questions: Will there be room for both carryons? Do they actually weigh them? My itinerary takes me from IAD to DXB.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Greetings,

I am flying Emirates,

JFK-DXB J class

Size 21.75 x 14 x 9,

I have flown this route several times, with almost the exact same luggage, never checking anything in. Do we aware that there is extra security check at the gate from DXB to JFK. Never had any problems with the roll-a-board or my backpack with laptop, iPad, however, they are real sticklers for the 1X3 liquid bag!
Old May 27, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by donjo
I have read the rules regarding carry ons but want to know from someone who has flown the A380 in First. I usually travel with a rolling bag full of camera equipment that I suppose must weigh about 14kg. It fits in a typical US carrier overhead with no problem. I am hesitant to check this piece of luggage due to the value of the equipment. In addition I have a Tumi briefcase on a shoulder strap. Two questions: Will there be room for both carryons? Do they actually weigh them? My itinerary takes me from IAD to DXB.
There will definitely be room in the F suite. There are no overhead lockers in Emirates F cabins, and all cabin baggage can easily be stowed in the area ahead of your feet, under the desktop in front of you. But a word of caution. Make sure you stow any bags in front of your feet as much to the side as possible. Otherwise you run the risk of crushing the contents of a large bag as you put the seat into lie-flat mode. A few years back, I crushed and shattered the screen of a laptop by leaving the bag it was in directly in the path of the advancing seat. I didn't realise it had happened until I took the laptop out to use it the next day.

This is particularly important to know if you have expensive items in a carry-on bag. If you're unsure, you can always ask the FA to stow it for you elsewhere, but make it clear that the contents are expensive and fragile.

Re weighing cabin baggage - in close to 100 F flights with Emirates, I have only been weighed once. That was at the departure gate and despite my being over the limit, they seemed to be lenient because I was in F, and waved me through. Sometimes I've had one cabin bag but enough duty free to sink the Titanic - many very heavy bags, but I always sail through without being weighed. I often think duty free is invisible at the departure gate. It can weigh as much as 3 standard cabin bags but is never queried!
donjo likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
It's also worth noting that I was in seat 1A on a 380 when the bag was crushed. This seat is a little narrower at the foot well and probably contributed to what happened. I usually avoid row 1, preferring 2 or 3.
Tanzguy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.