Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates holidays

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2016, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Gold
Emirates holidays

Anyone ever booked one? Anyone know what fare bucket they give you is saver/flex etc?
Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:49 am

My dad booked one earlier this year, it was ISB-DXB-MXP, there was a 4 day stop in DXB, sponsored by Emirates Holidays, all the tickets were J Flex.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 2:56 am

When booking economy , they give you the cheapest seat with the most restrictions
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamjaruk
When booking economy , they give you the cheapest seat with the most restrictions
I'm talking j or f
Old Feb 21, 2016, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by m3red
I'm talking j or f
We'd expect nothing less
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:24 am

I went to the Maldives in 2013 and booked it with AMEX, who subcontracted it to Emirates Holidays. It ended up being almost 20% cheaper than booking it directly. MBNA now has an Emirates card that gets you an additional 10% off Emirates Holidays, so it's worth looking at if you're spending a lot of money.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA gold
Do Emirates Holidays bookings earn Tier Miles on flights? I can see in the blurb on the website that it does earn "miles", but not clear if this also include Tier Miles?

I need to squeeze in a set of flights to get to Gold (I do a lot of Y-only flights for work) and figured a quick venture to the Maldvies or similar for a few days as an Emirates Holidays booking seem to kill a few birds with one stone for me.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:33 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by Stez
Do Emirates Holidays bookings earn Tier Miles on flights? I can see in the blurb on the website that it does earn "miles", but not clear if this also include Tier Miles?

I need to squeeze in a set of flights to get to Gold (I do a lot of Y-only flights for work) and figured a quick venture to the Maldvies or similar for a few days as an Emirates Holidays booking seem to kill a few birds with one stone for me.
I cant imagine it would be Tier Miles. Only miles based on the spend?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 3:49 pm

You get tier miles, but iirc Emirates Holidays bookings go into Special/Saver so, not many.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Used them just last month for a package.
Yes, you get tier miles.

Interestingly, looked at same flights on Emirates website before booking holiday - only flex fares available for dates i wanted. Booked whole holiday with Emirates Holidays and flights came through as Savers......
Told rep i wanted to pay for flights in full there and then as the 'deposit' so i could get the actual tickets issued by the airline, not just a 'virtual' PNR that would not allow me to select seats. (And understand what the seats element of the holiday actually cost me....)
Flights were considerably cheaper than the website quote i got, so looks like they get genuinely cheaper seat allocations from the parent company.

Hotel choice is rather thin though.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: BA gold
Thanks for the confirmation on tier miles. It's a bit unfortunate they only go into saver bookings but I guess we can't have our cake and eat it!

I've decided to save my money this time round as I reminded myself that I need to cut down on personal travels this year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.