Emirates - Economy

Old Feb 16, 16, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Emirates - Economy

I'll be flying with Emirates in Economy for the first time and am very much looking forward to it.

I was wondering if they offered any amenities on their day time flights and if they still offered menus in Economy.

Also are their crew usually really approachable to have a chat with during the flight?

Many Thanks,

londonba2014
Old Feb 16, 16, 5:43 am

Programs: EK Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Spire Elite Royal Ambassador
Amenities are offered on long-haul flights only, but a menu is offered with usually 2 choices of mains.

The crew are usually very busy, especially on the A380 where they have a lot to do in a short time. My experience is that the crew have time for a chat down in the galley sometimes on long-haul, but not usually otherwise
Old Feb 16, 16, 6:21 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by londonba2014 View Post
I'll be flying with Emirates in Economy for the first time and am very much looking forward to it.

I was wondering if they offered any amenities on their day time flights and if they still offered menus in Economy.

Also are their crew usually really approachable to have a chat with during the flight?

Many Thanks,

londonba2014
Regarding amenities, they normally don't issue them out on day flights. However you can request if they have some from previous flight, so far I've not seen EK's FA hold back on Y kits if they have them.

Menus are given, with drinks and main course choices.

If it's a day flight, the FAs will be so busy with completing their task (regardless of aircraft type), that they'll want to enjoy their short breaks without too much distraction. On mid to long-haul (7hrs+) they are mostly friendly, and do enjoy a chat now and then.
Old Feb 16, 16, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014 View Post

Many Thanks,

londonba2014
What kind of amenities are you looking for? Crew have a stock of them in the galleys (some newbie crews don't know this, as evidenced on my last sector!) - earplugs, eyeshades, toothbrushes etc. Hand lotion in the lavatories

Yes - EK give out paper menus in economy, although you can check online before the flight.

During service they will be busy. If the flight is long enough, yes, the crew are definitely approachable to chat! The galleys are not sacred areas jealously guarded like on some airlines - not for nothing is the rear galley on the 77W called the gossip galley
Old Feb 17, 16, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Great - thanks all. Also looking forward to getting a photo from the onboard camera!
Old Feb 18, 16, 12:11 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
enjoy your trip.
Old Feb 18, 16, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I love the excitement of a trip. The build up is so fun! Enjoy.
Old Feb 18, 16, 3:23 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Annalisa12 View Post
I love the excitement of a trip. The build up is so fun! Enjoy.
me too!
Old Feb 23, 16, 9:49 am

Programs: Skywards
Maybe just my (DXB-HND/NRT), but the menu proves useless more often than not as the Japanese dishes are unpopular, so unless you're one of the first half getting your meal, then please count on eating grilled fish for breakfast. I've taken to requesting diet specific meals just to counter this.
Old Feb 23, 16, 2:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by meintokyo View Post
Maybe just my (DXB-HND/NRT), but the menu proves useless more often than not as the Japanese dishes are unpopular, so unless you're one of the first half getting your meal, then please count on eating grilled fish for breakfast. I've taken to requesting diet specific meals just to counter this.
I think certain routes this would happen on, e.g. India flights, the Indian dishes are overwhelmingly popular (and thus overcatered, so no real issue). On more culinary neutral routes it's more of a toss-up between the options and I very often am offered both menu options (to be fair, I tend to always set in the first mini-cabin of Y where possible, rows 19-21).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: