Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK306 Upgraded by Gate on 13th Feb

Old Feb 15, 16, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Lucky day!!Thx Emiriates!!My Itinerary is BCN-DXB-PEK,I was upgraded on EK306 A380 business class.And I'm not skywards member.I wonder why choose me?My friend tell me my boarding pass has a sign seq 404,is this means late CI???
Old Feb 15, 16, 1:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Skywards Gold
Congrats! Seq404 means you were 404th passenger to check in for this flight, if it's a 2-class A380 that's only about 65% through the total load though. However when you check in has been pretty much debunked as a reason for why one is upgraded, it tends to be based on status primarily, if you had none either there weren't any other status pax ahead of you or the outstation manager took discretion based on other factors, e.g. you had a good Y seat that someone wanted (e.g. a couple wishing to sit together) + seemed approrpiate to be seated in J class to the check-in staff (a questionable reason).
Old Feb 15, 16, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Congrats! Seq404 means you were 404th passenger to check in for this flight, if it's a 2-class A380 that's only about 65% through the total load though. However when you check in has been pretty much debunked as a reason for why one is upgraded, it tends to be based on status primarily, if you had none either there weren't any other status pax ahead of you or the outstation manager took discretion based on other factors, e.g. you had a good Y seat that someone wanted (e.g. a couple wishing to sit together) + seemed approrpiate to be seated in J class to the check-in staff (a questionable reason).
Good to know it!Thx,bro.
Old Feb 15, 16, 8:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Jamie0918 View Post
Lucky day!!Thx Emiriates!!My Itinerary is BCN-DXB-PEK,I was upgraded on EK306 A380 business class.And I'm not skywards member.I wonder why choose me?My friend tell me my boarding pass has a sign seq 404,is this means late CI???
Probably alpha order of surname and ticket fare basis. Easier to op up single passengers too. When flights are that overbooked and time is short they will pick quickly.
Old Feb 15, 16, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Congrats! Seq404 means you were 404th passenger to check in for this flight,
Incorrect. EK does not accord a sequence number simply based on check in order.

I once checked in for an A330 flight at T-24, my seq was 29 (Gold, surname E), my wife's was 270 (Blue, Z)!
Old Feb 15, 16, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m3red View Post
Probably alpha order of surname and ticket fare basis. Easier to op up single passengers too. When flights are that overbooked and time is short they will pick quickly.
My father and I both same surname,and he bought W fare,mine is B fare.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: