FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   EK306 Upgraded by Gate on 13th Feb (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1746535-ek306-upgraded-gate-13th-feb.html)

Jamie0918 Feb 15, 2016 1:03 am

EK306 Upgraded by Gate on 13th Feb

Lucky day!!Thx Emiriates!!My Itinerary is BCN-DXB-PEK,I was upgraded on EK306 A380 business class.And I'm not skywards member.I wonder why choose me?My friend tell me my boarding pass has a sign seq 404,is this means late CI???

skywardhunter Feb 15, 2016 1:43 am

Congrats! Seq404 means you were 404th passenger to check in for this flight, if it's a 2-class A380 that's only about 65% through the total load though. However when you check in has been pretty much debunked as a reason for why one is upgraded, it tends to be based on status primarily, if you had none either there weren't any other status pax ahead of you or the outstation manager took discretion based on other factors, e.g. you had a good Y seat that someone wanted (e.g. a couple wishing to sit together) + seemed approrpiate to be seated in J class to the check-in staff (a questionable reason).

Jamie0918 Feb 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 26187044)
Congrats! Seq404 means you were 404th passenger to check in for this flight, if it's a 2-class A380 that's only about 65% through the total load though. However when you check in has been pretty much debunked as a reason for why one is upgraded, it tends to be based on status primarily, if you had none either there weren't any other status pax ahead of you or the outstation manager took discretion based on other factors, e.g. you had a good Y seat that someone wanted (e.g. a couple wishing to sit together) + seemed approrpiate to be seated in J class to the check-in staff (a questionable reason).

Good to know it!Thx,bro.

m3red Feb 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jamie0918 (Post 26186944)
Lucky day!!Thx Emiriates!!My Itinerary is BCN-DXB-PEK,I was upgraded on EK306 A380 business class.And I'm not skywards member.I wonder why choose me?My friend tell me my boarding pass has a sign seq 404,is this means late CI???

Probably alpha order of surname and ticket fare basis. Easier to op up single passengers too. When flights are that overbooked and time is short they will pick quickly.

edy4eva Feb 15, 2016 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter (Post 26187044)
Congrats! Seq404 means you were 404th passenger to check in for this flight,

Incorrect. EK does not accord a sequence number simply based on check in order.

I once checked in for an A330 flight at T-24, my seq was 29 (Gold, surname E), my wife's was 270 (Blue, Z)!

Jamie0918 Feb 15, 2016 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 26191280)
Probably alpha order of surname and ticket fare basis. Easier to op up single passengers too. When flights are that overbooked and time is short they will pick quickly.

My father and I both same surname,and he bought W fare,mine is B fare.