Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

how does dubai arrivals work for F

Old Feb 13, 16, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA

I am arriving in DXB, and I will leave the airport for a day. I am flying in on an A380.
How does internatioal arrivals work?
Do i just exit like usual, is there some expedited procedure for F?
How do i find my car to take me to my hotel?
DO hotels allow checkin at 6 am (ritz)?
Old Feb 13, 16, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by sambb View Post
I am arriving in DXB, and I will leave the airport for a day. I am flying in on an A380.
Exit as usual, there are fast track counters you can access for immigration with the red fast track card you will be given on board.

After passing through customs turn right and you can't miss the chauffeur drive area - show them your bp and they'll assign you a car.

As for the hotel, it of course depends on available rooms - however if staying at an RC they should allow you to store luggage with them/possibly provide shower facilities if your room is unavailable that early.
Old Feb 13, 16, 3:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

6am check in would be pushing it... even if you have status with Marriott/Ritz.

I've got a similar arrival time coming up, and I just booked the previous night also. I'll email them in advance to say what time I'll be arriving, so the don't treat it as a no show.

Me and a mate once rolled into the Burj-al-Arab at about 7am for a stay after an overnight flight from HKG (we got a really cheap rate). I'd not shaved, and basically looked a bit of a scruff. They said it was too early to check-in, but we could buy an extra half day (which was more than we'd already paid).

So, we said we'd just hang around in the lobby until 3pm, probably stinking the place out.

A room was found in about 5 minutes at no extra cost
Old Feb 13, 16, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
You may be fortunate, but 6 am would be pushing your luck. You should be able to use the gym for a shower and a change of clothes before breakfast. If you want to rest horizontally, I'd book from the night before. It's a little too chilly right now to laze by the pool before mid morning.
Old Feb 13, 16, 11:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Pushing it with 6am though the Crowne Plaza Changi in SIN allowed me to check-in at 9am without blinking an eye once. Depends on rooms available and your luck with the check-in staff serving you I guess.
Old Feb 13, 16, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
6am is a full eight hours before the regular 2pm check-in time. I'd feel cheap asking for that

FWIW, the Jumeirah Creekside hotel (uniquely ??) offers 24 hour check-in rather than the usual 2pm - midday.
Old Feb 13, 16, 4:46 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Most hotels have cut-off time for defining when a "day" starts (and is billed). Usually it's between 4-7 am.

The earliest I've ever attempted to check-in anywhere was a little after 7 am, and I was accommodated.
Old Feb 13, 16, 8:01 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Come on folks. Some simple logic.

If the hotel has ZERO rooms because they were full the night before, even a Double Triple Diamond Platinum Titanium can not get a room.

If they in fact have an open room, they MIGHT give it to you. Depends on attitude of staff, your level, the phase of the moon, and the policy of the accounting department.

Some folks want a room at 7am no matter what. In that case, you pay for the night before, and insure they KNOW you are a late arrival. Since you have paid, they hold it.
Old Feb 13, 16, 10:56 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by sambb View Post
Exit will be as usual, and exactly as eternaltransit has described.

FYI, shortly before landing, they show you a onboard video explaining the arrival procedure.
FYI also, fast track red card are given to all F / J / status passengers. Therefore, it is not a special F treatment.
As for chauffeur drive, you have to book it in advance online. Some people say it works without booking, but I'm not sure about that.

For 6am check-in, I quite agree with some FT. If you absolutely want to secure your arrival, book one additional night.
And, these days, it is indeed exceptionally very chilly in the morning.
Old Feb 14, 16, 12:41 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902 View Post
Exit will be as usual, and exactly as eternaltransit has described.

FYI, shortly before landing, they show you a onboard video explaining the arrival procedure.
FYI also, fast track red card are given to all F / J / status passengers. Therefore, it is not a special F treatment.
As for chauffeur drive, you have to book it in advance online. Some people say it works without booking, but I'm not sure about that.

For 6am check-in, I quite agree with some FT. If you absolutely want to secure your arrival, book one additional night.
And, these days, it is indeed exceptionally very chilly in the morning.
Two things: 1. you don't have to book online but its easier if you do especially at busy times.

2. It's not chilly or cold in Dubai!
Old Feb 14, 16, 2:48 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
Two things: 1. you don't have to book online but its easier if you do especially at busy times.

2. It's not chilly or cold in Dubai!

1. At chauffeur drive room, there is a desk for those who haven't booked. From some rare persons I've seen there, I would definitively recommend to book online (as EK is saying in their website "Book online through Manage a booking 48 hours before your flight." ), as you'll otherwise completely spoil your premium experience.

2. I am in Dubai today. This morning at 7:00, a polo shirt was not enough outside in Jumeirah district. Of course, it depends where you come from and on your physical sensitivity.
Many tourists had a windbreaker or a light cardigan on.
Now, at 13:50, weather is just fine.