Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Booking a friend under my emirates skywards account

Old Feb 7, 2016, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

I was wondering if I can book my friend's flight under my emorstes skywards account and acquire the points?

Can it work that way?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Of course it can't unless they have the same name as you
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by MarcFrancis
I was wondering if I can book my friend's flight under my emorstes skywards account and acquire the points?

Can it work that way?
Unfortunately no:

Skywards Miles means those Miles earned every time a Member takes a Qualifying Flight or purchases qualifying goods and services from any Partner and which can be redeemed for Rewards under the Emirates Skywards Programme Rules.
http://www.emirates.com/english/skyw...mme-rules.aspx

If you try it, it won't credit properly as the names won't match. Even if an agent somehow forces it, it would still be against the T&Cs.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: Emirates, Qatar Airways
Strangely I booked my wife and son on a flight to Dubai from Qatar I put my number in and got the miles. Only 700 each way. Tried it again recently and it's been rejected.

Signed them up for their own accounts on the family scheme so I should get 20% of their points which happens to include 20% of 2 x 3200 'first time flyer' points so not too bad.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Without digging, I am betting they have a rule against this. Some airlines have been known to suspend/close accounts as this is usually considered fraud.

As to getting 700 - hmmmm...

Distance from Doha to Dubai:
238 miles

383 kilometers

207 nautical miles
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Without digging, I am betting they have a rule against this. Some airlines have been known to suspend/close accounts as this is usually considered fraud.

As to getting 700 - hmmmm...

Distance from Doha to Dubai:
238 miles

383 kilometers

207 nautical miles
Y Flex earns 1400 miles return on that route. EK goes by regions, not point to point distance. Booking classes affect earning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.