Wiki Posts
Search

Seat 9K Emirates A380

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
Seat 9K Emirates A380

Is this a better choice of seat than one in the rear cabin. Is there a view out of the window or is it over the wing

Last year I was in 23K and found it a little noisy because of the bar.

Would welcome any thoughts
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by steveben53
Is this a better choice of seat than one in the rear cabin. Is there a view out of the window or is it over the wing

Good seat, Window seat not an aisle window seat and I think still in front of the wing. You'll get served early too.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
If it is a 2 class A380 you will be well over the wing-still a good seat though
SS
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:55 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
in a 3 class. This is what you'll see.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: EK Gold
Always pick 9K if not in first.

Well, always try. Sometimes its gone.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 12:25 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, Etihad Silver

Good seat, I always stay clear of rows 22-26 - bar gets too loud sometimes. I was in 25E once and absolutely hated it!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:26 pm

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by PremiumTraveller
Good seat, I always stay clear of rows 22-26 - bar gets too loud sometimes. I was in 25E once and absolutely hated it!
I am a strange creature of habit, I always go for 25A or 25K if possible when flying business, my reasoning is:

- Close to the lounge
- In between two emergency exits
- Window Seat
- Quicker to get back to seat if seatbelt sign comes on when I am stood at lounge.

I was speaking to some off duty crew one day and they told me this is one of the worst seats on the A380 and were puzzled by my love of it!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Antdenatale
I am a strange creature of habit, I always go for 25A or 25K if possible when flying business, my reasoning is:

- Close to the lounge
- In between two emergency exits
- Window Seat
- Quicker to get back to seat if seatbelt sign comes on when I am stood at lounge.

I was speaking to some off duty crew one day and they told me this is one of the worst seats on the A380 and were puzzled by my love of it!
They probably think it's too loud - but then, that's what earplugs are for...
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
I like 23K and it's my ' go to' seat for my Lon-DXB trips, to the extent that I'll look at a different flight if the seat isn't available haha.

I don't notice the bores at the bar when the headphones are in and it's good not to have to go too far for a drink or the loo.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
I like 23K and it's my ' go to' seat for my Lon-DXB trips, to the extent that I'll look at a different flight if the seat isn't available haha.
23K for me too (or now 20K on the 2 class). Bar and toilets close enough but not annoyingly close. So private with the bulkhead in front and the mini bar etc between the seat and the aisle.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
9k is fine if you plan to sleep / stay in the seat throughout the flight. There wouldn't be that many people walking past you and therefore it will be nice and quiet.

My main issue with the seats in front is the long walk to the toilets at the back. The bar is also well behind you .

Seats in the back are also not without issues either . Pax going to the back have this strange habit of looking at every passenger on the side seats ( they usually miss 23K or 23A as it sort of blends in to the cabin) . This is a bit of strange human behavior I have noticed over the years but might unnerve a few.

I suspect this is because they don't know where the loo is and are trying to figure this one out.

Therefore the choice depends on your bladder capacity. ;-)

PS: To be honest I end up going to the loo almost every hour after a few glasses of champagne followed by some wine and whisky ;-(
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
As I tend not to drink on a flight, bladder capacity is not really an issue.

As a compromise I have decided to go 23K on the LGW to DXB segment, and 9K on the DXB to HKG one. The thinking behind this is that I am more likely to want to sleep on the second flight than the first, and so any noise from the bar will not bother me
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum

As a compromise I have decided to go 23K on the LGW to DXB segment, and 9K on the DXB to HKG one. The thinking behind this is that I am more likely to want to sleep on the second flight than the first, and so any noise from the bar will not bother me
Good choice . you get to experience both seats.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, Etihad Silver

Smart decision - you'll definitely rest well on the second leg- I'll be keen to know your thoughts for the 1st leg.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
PLEASE let us know what you overall choice would be as I'm stuck between which of these seats to choose on the LHR-DXB route !!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.