A380 First Class fares

Old Jan 29, 16, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: continental one pass, delta skymiles, platinum american express
A380 First Class fares

Happy Friday,

I want to travel in April with my wife and daughter on an Emirates A380 from Milan to Dubai. Do the first class flights ever go on sale? If not, should I book now? Is there any easy way to book a flight with miles or possibly book the Amex buy one get one free with the Platinum card? Thanks for any possible insight!
Old Jan 29, 16, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by rtlaw View Post
Happy Friday,

I want to travel in April with my wife and daughter on an Emirates A380 from Milan to Dubai. Do the first class flights ever go on sale? If not, should I book now? Is there any easy way to book a flight with miles or possibly book the Amex buy one get one free with the Platinum card? Thanks for any possible insight!
Generally cheaper to travel beyond DXB with stopovers in DXB, but I haven't checked recently.
Old Jan 29, 16, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by rtlaw View Post
Happy Friday,

F does go on sale, but rarely. There was one ridiculous promotion where they offered F for the price of J one January - I believe the VP in charge of that got read the riot act by the boss so it never happened again.

Would not recommend doing a straight out redemption as the taxes will still be extortionate (and around the price of a Y ticket).

EK does participate in the Amex IAP but you may end up buying full F/J which could be more expensive than 2x discounted F/J tickets.
Old Jan 30, 16, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Deleted.

Oops. Wrong airline. Sorry.
Old Jan 30, 16, 4:07 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
F does go on sale, but rarely. There was one ridiculous promotion where they offered F for the price of J one January - I believe the VP in charge of that got read the riot act by the boss so it never happened again.
Lol I remember that, got 4 to people to SYD and 4 to NBO from JFK for about $24K altogether in F per trip.
$6K for round trip F on a 30+ hour journey was pretty awesome. Especially ex USA where these fares are usually in the high 20K's per person.
Old Feb 1, 16, 2:12 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
Think I got one of those. Travelling in F in a few days LGW-BKK, 2500 all in. Doubt I will get that again..
Old Feb 13, 16, 5:43 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by chelseastu View Post
Think I got one of those. Travelling in F in a few days LGW-BKK, 2500 all in. Doubt I will get that again..
I booked F class the other day to CPT for 2990 - Heck of a deal since BA price the route at 4770! With EK adding another DXB-LHR-DXB frequency I hope we still see more of these. Emirates website doesn't advertise there rates, I got it from an agent in London!
Old Feb 13, 16, 8:03 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PremiumTraveller View Post
I booked F class the other day to CPT for 2990 - Heck of a deal since BA price the route at 4770! With EK adding another DXB-LHR-DXB frequency I hope we still see more of these. Emirates website doesn't advertise there rates, I got it from an agent in London!
Return or one-way?
Old Feb 13, 16, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Return or one-way?
Return. I booked the deal from Gatwick since the timings I wanted weren't available from Heathrow.
Old Feb 13, 16, 8:27 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Return. I booked the deal from Gatwick since the timings I wanted weren't available from Heathrow.
That's a great price then!
Old Feb 13, 16, 8:27 am

Got mine SIN-DXB-LHR return just over S$5000 with a promotion code.
Even cheaper than my usual pick TG.
This will be my first time trying ME3, as it will divide the journey in to 8hr each.
Don't know how well I can sleep.
Old Feb 13, 16, 8:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Who is the agent? I paid 3400 each last year from man...
Old Feb 13, 16, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by m3red View Post
Who is the agent? I paid 3400 each last year from man...
I'll PM you the details!^
Old Feb 13, 16, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
That's a great price then!
Sure is!
Old Feb 13, 16, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Cpt to lhr 2500 pounds, first outbound and j inbound ....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: