Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duty free & Dubai transit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ft101
Any sign of the tamper proof bags for duty free goods? I think that is going to be Normandel's issue
Cant help on this one as its not something I was looking for. Generally though you are asked at duty free and are advised if its going to be a problem with your destination?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by ghostwrita
Slightly off-topic, but a colleague mentioned last night that DXB duty elder have imposed the 5% VAT charge on their good as well. A tad bizarre if true.
Yes true,also the tobacco price has increased greatly because the uae internal price also increased last October.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:32 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
DXB itself is fine with liquids if they are in STEB bags. However, Australia-specific requirements are different.

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Yes true,also the tobacco price has increased greatly because the uae internal price also increased last October.
What's the point of calling it "duty free", then?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Xlr
DXB itself is fine with liquids if they are in STEB bags. However, Australia-specific requirements are different.

So "duty free" shoppers will buy there.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Xlr

No customs duty to pay on import

Consumption tax and markup on the other hand.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.