Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exiting and Re-entering Airside

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by christine1294
I had about 9 hours in Dubai last week whilst transiting, arrived in the morning from Mel flying in J.
Got through security and out the airport in about 30 mins and managed to go for breakfast, up Burj Khalifa and on a tour around Dubai and back in plenty of time for flight.
No problems with immigration in and out of the airport and immigration officer even wished me happy birthday!

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the additional data point, Christine.

You were "back in plenty of time for the flight" - but how long before your flight was that? The advice from the hotel that I quoted above suggests that passengers can only access the airside (and hotel) three hours before their flight. So if you were able to get back airside 4 hours or more before your flight, that could be useful for the OP's situation (where he wants to get to the airside hotel about 10 hours before his flight).
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
If you have your boarding passes it should not be a problem to exit and return any time. The issue becomes if you dont have onward boarding passes and the checkin doesnt open until 2 - 3 hrs before departure. An example of this is I would often connect into Ukraine and would be waiting several to many hours before I could check in. Choice then is to get external hotel or wait in transit, thank goodness for my Diners Club lounge access!
Old Mar 23, 2023, 5:26 am

I'd just like to clarify.
Is it possible to leave airside once in the lounge?
The reason I ask is I arrive at midnight and wanted to rest in the lounge and go out at 5am or so for a few hours landside, before my 11am flight. I will have the onward bording pass.
All experiences and help gratefully received.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 3:16 am

Programs: TK Elite, EK Gold, ICC Centurion
I haven't had any issues with this same situation. Landed at around midnight, slept in the lounge until 6am and then went through immigration to get a Careem for my 7am breakfast at the Shangri La.

When you come down to the departures level (from the lounge level, B gates), look for the small elevator that will take you down to transit security. And then walk back through transit security and take the big elevators down to immigration/arrivals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.