Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates inflight catering and wine - my piece for CNN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates inflight catering and wine - my piece for CNN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
... I'm also a little intrigued by the current focus on EK Flight Catering - which was all over ICE for January...usually I'm skeptical when there's a marketing blitz about something like this, because I thought the ultimate test was to let the product speak for itself...which it does
There is a risk of backdraft with too much advertisement : people may hope too high and end-up disappointed. Just as Star Wars VII ...
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by ioto1902
There is a risk of backdraft with too much advertisement : people may hope too high and end-up disappointed. Just as Star Wars VII ...
To extend your analogy - even though it may have been a disappointment for some, it still broke silly amounts of box office records; it might not win awards, but has relatively good reviews, and people will go and see the next two no matter what
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
To extend your analogy - even though it may have been a disappointment for some, it still broke silly amounts of box office records; it might not win awards, but has relatively good reviews, and people will go and see the next two no matter what
Yes. Sadly. Just as people will continue flying EK even if F/C are now outdated, and even if communication is made on new Y while most ships are still equipped with "old" Y ... not talking about the sleeperette F on A330s ... (yes, I bear grudges on that one ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.