FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Emirates New Routes and Changes 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1735833-emirates-new-routes-changes-2016-a.html)

mseedat Feb 6, 2016 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by rahultodi33 (Post 26142176)
I'd be surprised if it happened with oil prices under $30....

ya true, but mozambique not only depend in Oil, have many expatriate from india, bangladesh, pakistan, Portugal,Nigeria, . in Maputo we have Kenya, ethiopia, turkish,FlyTap and now from march qatar non stop from Doha. and many people from Mozambique in/out use Emirates from Dubai to Jhb... so i think maputo will be good business for emirates

EK77W Feb 7, 2016 3:09 am

Anyone knows where the planes for DXB-PTY come from as DXB-AKL is announced?

I see BCN and EBB switched in February from B77L to B77W followed by LYS in March - that's how DXB-AKL is possible but for DXB-PTY they might need another 2 B77L?

ZRHMD11 Feb 7, 2016 5:11 am

Roughly said:

2 frames for MCO
2 frames for SEA
2 frames for AKL
2 frames for PTY
2 frames for SEZ + HND

If one frames needs maintenance; SEZ, HND, MCO or SEA can easily change to a 77W.

HB-IWC Feb 7, 2016 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by ZRHMD11 (Post 26146327)
Roughly said:

2 frames for MCO
2 frames for SEA
2 frames for AKL
2 frames for PTY
2 frames for SEZ + HND

If one frames needs maintenance; SEZ, HND, MCO or SEA can easily change to a 77W.

There is also the new 4 weekly DXB INC CGO, which will operate with B77L. The currently proposed flying program is too extensive for the 10-strong fleet, also taking into account the 10 hour ground time for the AKL flight.

More changes are in the pipeline for B77L deployment. Look for changes to PTY, HND and SEZ.

Str1tch Feb 8, 2016 1:28 am

Originally Posted by HB-IWC (Post 26149531)
There is also the new 4 weekly DXB INC CGO, which will operate with B77L. The currently proposed flying program is too extensive for the 10-strong fleet, also taking into account the 10 hour ground time for the AKL flight.

More changes are in the pipeline for B77L deployment. Look for changes to PTY, HND and SEZ.

Agreed. There is also the ongoing negotiations with Boeing for a top up order or option conversion for B77L frames. I've heard 5-10 is the latest number being discussed.

ZRHMD11 Feb 8, 2016 3:45 am

I can see SEZ, HND and SEA being upgauged to the 77W

Kiwi Flyer Feb 8, 2016 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by HB-IWC (Post 26149531)

Even with the long time on the ground at AKL the route only needs 2 aircraft.

HB-IWC Feb 8, 2016 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 26153581)
Even with the long time on the ground at AKL the route only needs 2 aircraft.

Aircraft utilization is never looked at on a route basis, but in the perspective of the entire subfleet. If those 10 hours in AKL were reduce to two hours, then EK can potentially do something else with those 8 freed up hours. EK currently schedules a DXB BOM roundtrip with B77L, something perfectly feasible with 8 hours of DXB ground time.

eternaltransit Feb 8, 2016 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by HB-IWC (Post 26154625)
Aircraft utilization is never looked at on a route basis, but in the perspective of the entire subfleet. If those 10 hours in AKL were reduce to two hours, then EK can potentially do something else with those 8 freed up hours. EK currently schedules a DXB BOM roundtrip with B77L, something perfectly feasible with 8 hours of DXB ground time.

Better a 77L on ground than an A380 though!

However, subject to competition clearance, an AKL-east AU fits in with the 10hrs.

Unlikely they'd get that permission unless trans-Tasman loads are higher imho.

Kiwi Flyer Feb 8, 2016 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 26154817)
Better a 77L on ground than an A380 though!

However, subject to competition clearance, an AKL-east AU fits in with the 10hrs.

Unlikely they'd get that permission unless trans-Tasman loads are higher imho.

I think EK has the right to fly trans-Tasman, although may need approval if they want to add it to their alliance with Qantas (e.g. codeshare and matching fares).

However I don't think the 10h20m stop at AKL is quite long enough for an AKL-SYD-AKL by the same aircraft without a high risk of delays, and SYD is the shortest route. Allow 3h30m for AKL-SYD and 3h00m for SYD-AKL (best case timings, may need to allow more for congestion at both AKL & SYD). That gives less than 4 hours for 3 turns (1 at SYD and 2 at AKL) which may just be feasible but is certainly risky.

Trans-Tasman loads on EK are generally very high. EK are very good at selling nearly every seat through reputation and frequent sales.

eternaltransit Feb 8, 2016 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer (Post 26154923)
I think EK has the right to fly trans-Tasman, although may need approval if they want to add it to their alliance with Qantas (e.g. codeshare and matching fares).

However I don't think the 10h20m stop at AKL is quite long enough for an AKL-SYD-AKL by the same aircraft without a high risk of delays, and SYD is the shortest route. Allow 3h30m for AKL-SYD and 3h00m for SYD-AKL (best case timings, may need to allow more for congestion at both AKL & SYD). That gives less than 4 hours for 3 turns (1 at SYD and 2 at AKL) which may just be feasible but is certainly risky.

Trans-Tasman loads on EK are generally very high. EK are very good at selling nearly every seat through reputation and frequent sales.

Indeed - quite a stretch, but delays on the AKL-DXB sector from late takeoff could perhaps be made up in flight if they really wanted to push it.

Pity they aren't going to get permission to do something like an AKL-CHC shuttle!

HB-IWC Feb 11, 2016 9:13 am

Sixth daily LHR from 27MAR:

EK031 DXB LHR 1130 1610
EK032 LHR DXB 1950 0550+1

Daily B77W from 27MAR.
Daily A388 from 01JUN.

ZRHMD11 Feb 21, 2016 4:53 am

Starting 01/07/16, EK 127/8 to VIE changes from 77W to A380....^

ZRHMD11 Feb 21, 2016 8:32 am

Emirates asked Swiss Civil Aviation Authority for flights DXB-ZRH-MEX.

Answer should be given next week.

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/wirtscha...story/13030699

Sorry, in german only.

Xlr Feb 22, 2016 6:35 pm

There are no nonstops MEX-ZRH. How large do y'all think the market is?