Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Fares starting from India vs. starting from USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fares starting from India vs. starting from USA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:03 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by daisymay2
I wanted to change a J class flight MRU-MAN last month and was surprised that it would cost me £300 pp. If my flight originated in Mauritius however it would have only cost me £30.00 to change.
I am intrigued by you guys booking ex India though living in the UK.
I have property and a bank account in Mauritius and fly between there and the UK.
How would I book a flight ex Mauritius please?
You'd nest flights. So, if you flew MAN-MRU 5 times a year, you'd have :-

1 x MAN-MRU-MAN
4 X MRU-MAN-MRU

The first flight would have 12 months in MRU, and you'd use the other 4 flights in between.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

1 x MAN-MRU-MAN
4 X MRU-MAN-MRU

The first flight would have 12 months in MRU, and you'd use the other 4 flights in between.

Thanks!
That makes sense - will look into this!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by daisymay2
Thanks!
That makes sense - will look into this!
^.

Hope all well and seasons greetings
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Thanks m3red!
And Happy Christmas and New Year to you and yours!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for the responses. This is very helpful.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

1 x MAN-MRU-MAN
4 X MRU-MAN-MRU

I've been doing exactly the same for the last 3/4 years to India . While some airlines don't like it , EK does not seem to mind.

I have successfully 'nested' a ticket inside another ticket and in turn inside another ticket. I am sure that there are others who have gone even further.

The only problem is that you have to plan well ahead and you also have the risk of losing money in case you have to make changes.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I've been doing exactly the same for the last 3/4 years to India . While some airlines don't like it , EK does not seem to mind.

I have successfully 'nested' a ticket inside another ticket and in turn inside another ticket. I am sure that there are others who have gone even further.

The only problem is that you have to plan well ahead and you also have the risk of losing money in case you have to make changes.
Essentially I do this starting my tickets ex uk which is much cheaper than ex Dxb - basically I can get first for business prices (sometimes...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.