Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Flying with emirates in 12 days! 2 questions :)

Flying with emirates in 12 days! 2 questions :)

Old Dec 10, 15, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Smile Flying with emirates in 12 days! 2 questions :)

Hello everyone, I'll be flying with emirates from NCL -> HKG in 12 days and I have two questions to ask!

1) Lets say I buy something from the Taxi & Duty free shops in the airport in NCL. When I arrive Dubai, can I check in the items that I've bought instead of hand carrying it with me?

2) I'll be flying with J, but two of my mates are flying in Y. I was wondering when we're on the A380, can I invite one or both of my mates to the bar upstairs? To have a snack or drink.

Thank you for your time and attention lads
Old Dec 10, 15, 11:06 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by michaelonflyertalk View Post
1) Lets say I buy something from the Taxi & Duty free shops in the airport in NCL. When I arrive Dubai, can I check in the items that I've bought instead of hand carrying it with me?
I assume you're on a UK passport? If you don't need a visa to enter the UAE you should be able to check it in by clearing immigration and visiting the bag drop counter.
Old Dec 10, 15, 11:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat
2) I'll be flying with J, but two of my mates are flying in Y. I was wondering when we're on the A380, can I invite one or both of my mates to the bar upstairs? To have a snack or drink.
Only passengers travelling in J or F will be able to use the lounge on the A380.
Old Dec 10, 15, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
I assume you're on a UK passport? If you don't need a visa to enter the UAE you should be able to check it in by clearing immigration and visiting the bag drop counter.
I am a Hong Kong citizen, but the passport I'll be traveling with is a UK BNO, (British National Overseas), will that be fine?
Old Dec 10, 15, 12:08 pm

I am a Hong Kong citizen, but the passport I'll be traveling with is a UK BNO, (British National Overseas), will that be fine?
Google is your friend

Unfortunately looks like you're stuck in the transit area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_r...nals_(Overseas)
Old Dec 10, 15, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
Google is your friend

Unfortunately looks like you're stuck in the transit area: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_r...nals_(Overseas)
You can enter the UAE using an HK Passport if you have one - the passport used to check in inside EKs API data doesn't need to match the passport you present at UAE Immigration. Hong Kong nationals can receive a visa on arrival at DXB.
Old Dec 10, 15, 2:59 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by marconess View Post
Only passengers travelling in J or F will be able to use the lounge on the A380.
Unless you ask very nicely...

I experienced this once - a guy very politely asked if he could invite his friend/colleague for a drink. The Purser agreed, and the guy had a very nice 30 minutes or so in the bar (which wasn't busy). If I were a betting man, I'd say he was a good future customer for EK.
Old Dec 10, 15, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
In contrast ..... All I've ever observed are refusals (albeit polite ones !).
Old Dec 10, 15, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Unless you ask very nicely...

I experienced this once - a guy very politely asked if he could invite his friend/colleague for a drink. The Purser agreed, and the guy had a very nice 30 minutes or so in the bar (which wasn't busy). If I were a betting man, I'd say he was a good future customer for EK.
The only time I tried this was on a flight recently from MAN to DXB where I found out a friend on his honeymoon was onboard at the last minute.

I was in f which I think swayed it. When the bar got too packed the seatbelt sign came on and all disbursed. My mate was made up as he's a big cricket fan and half of the oz cricket team were at the bar ^. They enjoyed some do with us for about 30 mins.
Old Dec 14, 15, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by marconess View Post
But I'm sure it would be fine if you wanted to join your friend for a drink downstairs if there's an empty seat nearby.
Old Dec 22, 15, 10:29 pm

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by OMGImInPattaya View Post
But I'm sure it would be fine if you wanted to join your friend for a drink downstairs if there's an empty seat nearby.
Yep.

That SMALL bar is reserved for those paying in Biz and First. Could you imagine the zoo if a handful of them invited their friends up there and the party started?

People pay lots of money for those seats.

Sorry.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: