BKK HKG BKK same day

Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by alasdair_m
Only just become aware of being able to to do BKK - HKG. I am going to be in BKK next September and will be flying to HKG. Even if only for a three hour flight, Ł288 in J and 10K miles to upgrade seems like not a bad price to experience EK F!
No, not too shabby a deal I guess if you're keen to try it out.

Am actually about to book this particular sector myself for next Feb. As an EK fan already very familiar with their product in F, I've been considering RJ .... just by way of a change. They don't offer an F cabin for the route, but their J class (on a new 787) is cheaper than EK's J class ; and although I will miss out on Skywards miles, it will at least earn me some Avios which I can credit to my BAEC account.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load
No, not too shabby a deal I guess if you're keen to try it out.

Am actually about to book this particular sector myself for next Feb. As an EK fan already very familiar with their product in F, I've been considering RJ .... just by way of a change. They don't offer an F cabin for the route, but their J class (on a new 787) is cheaper than EK's J class ; and although I will miss out on Skywards miles, it will at least earn me some Avios which I can credit to my BAEC account.
If you're based around BKK, it's home to lots of interesting fifth freedom flights (and airlines and destinations too - e.g. JS to FNJ, T5 to ASB, OM to ULN, N4 to all over Russia).

For instance, as well as EK going BKK-HKG and BKK-SYD you can explore:
UU to MAA
MD to CAN
B3 to CCU
CX to SIN
CI to AMS
BR to AMS, LHR, VIE - although CI and BR are largely there for historical reasons as Taiwan based airlines couldn't fly over PRC airspace for a long time (until 2005)
DL to NRT
KB to DAC
MS to KUL, CGK
ET to KUL
9W to SGN
3K to FUK - Jetstar of course fly point to point all around Asia, but I specifically put 3K here as it's technically based in SIN
KQ to HKG, CAN
KU to MNL
QR to HAN
RJ to HKG, KUL
UL to HKG, CAN
U6 to PEK, CGQ, HRB

Quite an interesting airport!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:04 pm

Not actually based in BKK myself (resident UK) but will be spending a little time there en route to Australasia for third time in as many years.

Seem to remember reading recently that Bangkok now sees more overseas visitors (for stays of various durations of course) than any other city (?) ; so, lots of opportunities for carriers from various parts of the world - which would explain your fascinating - and very useful - list of 5th freedom traffic rights. Would be surprised if any other airport can boast more !
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:17 pm

Not actually based in BKK myself (resident UK) but will be spending a little time there en route to Australasia for third time in as many years.

Seem to remember reading recently that Bangkok now sees more overseas visitors (for stays of various durations of course) than any other city (?) ; so, lots of opportunities for carriers from various parts of the world - which would explain your fascinating - and very useful - list of 5th freedom traffic rights. Would be surprised if any other airport can boast more !
Bangkok is third after London and Paris in 2015, but then again, both LHR and CDG also have an interesting list of destinations on their departure boards!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:29 pm

You mean Bangkok is third in the league table of incoming overseas visitors (but not necessarily third for total number of 5th freedom routes to/from BKK ....?)
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:31 pm

You mean Bangkok is third in the league table of incoming overseas visitors (but not necessarily third for total number of 5th freedom routes to/from BKK ....?)
EDIT: Bangkok is 2nd in terms of international overnight visitors: https://newsroom.mastercard.com/wp-c...al-Report1.pdf

We'll see whether Teflon Thailand lives up to its name after this year's events though...
Old Dec 5, 2015, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Return BP could not be issued at BKK.
Reason given: Flight is locked, change of immigration rules.

I did check-in on-line but went to get fast-track pass for BKK departure.

Arrived 17:30 at HKG gate 62. Walked few meters to EK transfer desk and asked for BP there.

Transfer security no problems and within few minutes in departure area.

Lounge opens only at 18:15.

Received fast-track pass for BKK arrival.

Had same crew both flights.

Smooth ride all the way.

Last edited by tgbkk; Dec 8, 2015 at 4:02 pm Reason: Udate info
Old Apr 2, 2016, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
BKK-HKG-BKK next week day return in F

Points expiring so why not

Only 15 GBP in fees ^

Rather drink some of their Dom than let points go
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:03 pm

And of course you can also have some proper drink ..... not just that fizzy wine....
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:46 am

the Dom Perignon will taste the same in both directions ;-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.