Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits)

Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by gilly 16
Forgive me, but we are flying F -first time in F - on EK 0002, then EK 0701. Will we receive PJs and/or amenity kits on either/both of these flights?
On EK2 they are not handed out proactively but you can always ask. I was on EK16 from LGW which has a similar timing and both amenity kits and PJs were available on request.

For EK701 I don't have a direct experience but since it's a night flight amenity kits should be given out proactively. I had departures from DXB up to around ~4am and amenity kits are always proactively distributed in J and F. For the PJs I'm not sure, I vaguely remember something about an 8h minimum, but again should be available on request.

Last edited by luka25; Jan 14, 2019 at 1:35 pm
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:03 am

EK701 if its the night/early morning flight to Mauritius at 4 am, you will definitely get if after take off, even if you fall asleep you will get it put by your seat. I confirm from experience

Originally Posted by luka25
On EK2 they are not handed out proactively but you can always ask. I was on EK16 from LGW which has a similar timing and both amenity kits and PJs were available on request.

For EK701 I don't have a direct experience but since it's a night flight amenity kits should be given out proactively. I had departures from DXB up to around ~4am and amenity kits are always proactively distributed in J and F. For the PJs I'm not sure, I vaguely remember something about an 8h minimum, but again should be available on request.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by elite13
EK701 if its the night/early morning flight to Mauritius at 4 am, you will definitely get if after take off, even if you fall asleep you will get it put by your seat. I confirm from experience
It’s 02.25 so hopefully then.

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
My experience, First class Cape Town to Manchester return in Dec/Jan.

EK773 Dep CPT 13.10 arr DXB 00.25 about 9 hours - amenity bag, pyjamas and slippers
EK017 Dep DXB 07.15 arr MAN 11.20 about 7 hours - amenity bag and slippers
EK018 Dep MAN 13.10 arr DXB 00.25 - amenity bag and slippers
EK770 Dep DXB 08.55 arr CPT 16.30 - amenity bag, pyjamas and slippers

I didn't notice any difference between business and first class bags. I think they look and feel cheap.

On all legs we also got a 2019 diary and pen!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:25 am

EK 432 SIN-BNE January 18, 2019 10am departure with a 7pm arrival
PJ only available after requesting it
No Amenity Kit despite the flight came in from a 2am overnight flight from DXB with amenity kits...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Carfield
EK 432 SIN-BNE January 18, 2019 10am departure with a 7pm arrival
PJ only available after requesting it
No Amenity Kit despite the flight came in from a 2am overnight flight from DXB with amenity kits...
you don’t get them on day sectors generally
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA - Gold, EK - Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
On CDG-DXB leg, you have a good chance if you ask discreetly, as you are on F and EK gold. I got one on each daylight legs 4 weeks ago (inbound, outbound CDG in F).

As for this thread, two philosophies are colliding : 1) those who only see the utility part, 2) those who want to keep an emotional souvenir of their trips.

But, one shouldn't mock others. FF who don't to hear about amenity kits anymore should understand that some people are really eager to get one, all the more if it is their first FCL/BCL trip.
Just look at ebay, and see how much people are ready to pay for one ...
and also, see how much people are greedy enough to sell what they got for free ... (OK, technically, it is included in the ticket price, ....)
my god. Really people sell them on eBay?

What? I just take out the lotion, tooth paste, deodorant pack of tissues and chuck the rest in the bin.

Are the amenity kits the same in F and J?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by thatflyer

What? I just take out the lotion, tooth paste, deodorant pack of tissues and chuck the rest in the bin.

Bags are worth holding on to and giving to friends, good for cables and such. I also like the cologne
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Bags are worth holding on to and giving to friends, good for cables and such. I also like the cologne
really? Never ever considered giving them to friends!

Thought that would be really frowned upon especially since they know you got it for free! Unless I guess you aren’t giving as replacement gifts like for Christmas etc.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:01 am

really? Never ever considered giving them to friends!

Thought that would be really frowned upon especially since they know you got it for free! Unless I guess you aren’t giving as replacement gifts like for Christmas etc.
Don't know how fancy your friends are but mine appreciate them. But what I also meant is the empty bag as a toiletry or cable bag
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:31 am

They are different.
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Don't know how fancy your friends are but mine appreciate them. But what I also meant is the empty bag as a toiletry or cable bag
not fancy at all. I.e. not even fancy enough to have a toiletries bag.

I have never ever used one either. I usually just use a plastic bag from the supermarket till they started costing 5p!

now I just use the free zip lock bags from security!

Shows how fancy I am!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: American, BA, Aer Lingus, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, AMEX
Hi all..apologies if asked before but we are flying Emirates first class on an A380 from Dubai to Bangkok on May 16th...EK374, leaves Dubai at 10.30pm arrives BKK at 7:35am.

As the flight is on,y 6 hours and 5 minutes, but it is overnight, can anybody tell me if we will we get the full amentity kit and pajamas? If not, can we ask for them and get them? Appreciate any in the know answers....many thanks..cheers!

Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Dshaw70
Hi all..apologies if asked before but we are flying Emirates first class on an A380 from Dubai to Bangkok on May 16th...EK374, leaves Dubai at 10.30pm arrives BKK at 7:35am.

As the flight is on,y 6 hours and 5 minutes, but it is overnight, can anybody tell me if we will we get the full amentity kit and pajamas? If not, can we ask for them and get them? Appreciate any in the know answers....many thanks..cheers!

I had a similar departure to SIN, which is 7:30h though, and both amenity kits and PJs where given out proactively. In any case, in F you can always ask.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by Dshaw70

in f you’ll get both in j just the kit in y you get DVT
Zol, bhoyinoz and Bouncingsouls like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.