Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 12:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Depends on the FA, i asked to substitute the F male kit for a C female kit to give to my aunt as she collects those. I was offered both F/C male and female kits which i insisted wasn't really necessary but the FA said that if they have stocks over then they are happy to accomodate. It also seems that is a different female edition between a380/777 kits; white satin clutch by bulgari and bordeaux red silk square bag.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:54 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Flew two flights in the last 10 days or so. I was surprised how many people left their unopened kits at their seats upon deboarding. I guess a scavenger could have easily picked up six to 10 more each flight.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by l'etoile
Flew two flights in the last 10 days or so. I was surprised how many people left their unopened kits at their seats upon deboarding. I guess a scavenger could have easily picked up six to 10 more each flight.
Not sure from your post if the flights mentioned were actually on EK, but to be honest I have seen unopened kits left behind on many different carriers, inc EK, over very many years.

I think many regulars either don't bother opening them at all, and then often just leave them on the seat on arrival ; or, they will use one or two 'relevant' items from the kit during the flight, but then still leave behind the bag + remaining content.

I'm personally in the camp of not opening mine (unless a brand new style, to have a peek inside) but taking it home - or just as far as my foreign destination - to give to relatives / non-travelling friends. On the odd occasion however, if I'm feeling already overloaded with hand baggage etc, I too will just leave it on the seat.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:29 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Yes, subject2load these were EK flights. And yes, plenty of reasons to leave them behind. I was noticing those above wanting different from what they were given or wanting extras. In light of some not taking them from EK at all it seems it would not be a problem to get what one wanted or to get extras.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
It can be interesting to hear of - or sometimes directly witness - the behaviour of celebs where such things are concerned.

Many years ago I was on BA with a routing MRU-SEZ-DXB. Me in row 2, and across the aisle in row 4 sat Jason Donovan + unidentified female (definitely not Kylie, sadly for me ). He was still quite 'big' back then. Without the privacy of today's suites, I was intrigued to see that he actually packed his BA amenity kit into his bag - just when I was convinced he would leave it behind !

On the other hand there are some real mega A-listers who would surely not be bothered with the kits. I know that Roger Federer is an occasional EK user (when not on NetJets ...!!) and I find it really hard to imagine him actually taking the kit.
(unfortunately, we have never coincided so far on a flight, so have had no chance to test my theory ......!)
Old Sep 2, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I just got off my 4th long haul in 8 days. Each flight had a different kit in F so have 4 completely different ones. 3 are nice with a softer leather while one was the cheapest pc of fake pleather I've ever seen (came from the SIN-DXB flight). It was something more suited to United or Delta business then EK F. Very strange considering the other 3 this week where quite nice. I'm in the sourcing business and my guess is EK is asking its supplier to use whatever raw material they have on hand which is not a bad thing if they were all leather. But this last one was embarrassing
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Why can't Emirates provide as useful an amenity kit to women as to men? To date the only well thought out and practical case is the Ethihad female First. When will Emirates catch up and realize that women are also full fare paying first class passengers?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
New J Amenity Kits

All right let's get down to brass track...

EK started issuing new J amenity kits around last week of Aug, according to the purser onboard my flight.

There's no changes in content (was hoping for a change of fragrance brand), either for Male or Female kit.

Only change is in the appearance of kit:

- The new kits are NOT kept in a small pull string bag
- Both Male and Female kit have the same dark brown color tone
- Male kit is more compact (which I approve), and far easier to squeeze into laptop bag
- Female kit is now zip type as well

I would have preferred black or white case, but that's personal.

Nice change all the same, without touching important stuffs in the kit.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by dwugson
Why can't Emirates provide as useful an amenity kit to women as to men? To date the only well thought out and practical case is the Ethihad female First. When will Emirates catch up and realize that women are also full fare paying first class passengers?
Can you elaborate a little bit and tell us exactly what item you would like to see ? (Sorry, I don't know Etihad kit).
On A388, you have a nice set of scents and hand creams imbedded in the console, and also all the stuff available in the shower are rather meant for women. (No intention to insult any man here )

Personally, I find EK female F kit rather complete, and with full size items (as in J), the perfume spray is fragile though.

Make no mistake : I'm not saying that EK kit is perfect.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
I've noticed the same thing for years. its not however what's in the bag ut the bag itself. The men's kits can be used over and over to hold other things in other trips (toiletries or electronics) while the woman's bag is fine for the flight but after that it's useless
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:24 pm

Thanks for the information. Would you happen to have any photos of the new J kits?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Check the thread "new F amenity kit" and you'll see someone has posted pictures of the New J kit
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, IHG Rewards Club
I have it.
It's ok, everything inside is more packed but this helps to reduce overall size.

also on flight in economy (on my way back) I've got amenity kit - I'm not sure if it was the same before?
just smaller then J kit, just smaller, inside are socks, toothbrush, toothpaste.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Photo of man and woman kit.

This man kit is completely dark brown, with a strap. It absolutely doesn't look like natural leather. Anyway, the shape is better than the previous one (which reminded me of the 70s).

As for the woman kit, I'm wondering if FA didn't bring me a JCL kit ... as, otherwise, it would a leap backwards.

http://imgur.com/5xl2pMy

Photo of JCL man kit.
A different version than post 17 ...

http://imgur.com/5bgLEXK
Old Sep 19, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Photo of man and woman kit.

This man kit is completely dark brown, with a strap. It absolutely doesn't look like natural leather. Anyway, the shape is better than the previous one (which reminded me of the 70s).
I seem like the light brown men's F kit - I'm probably gonna ask the FA to get me a light brown in case they hand out anything else...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.