Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Are amenity kits available in First Class (if requested?) even on shorter sectors, for example DXB-DEL? Thanks.
I don't think so - I doubt they even load it on such short sectors. But no harm in checking.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jackiedada
I don't think so - I doubt they even load it on such short sectors. But no harm in checking.
We got them Dxb to sez for some reason.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:20 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I shall ask & report back!
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:46 am

Programs: A-Club Platinum, Emirates Platinum, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Now drop the feigned interest in amenity kits & associated stuff ioto

I know you lost your enthusiasm/excitement re such things long ago (much like myself, TBH.....!)
It was only this week that I realized how many of these damn bags I have at home, normally I come home and dump them in a cupboard, this week I had a clean out and there were over 40 of the bloody things there, most of them unopened!

I think I will just refuse now, although I do like when they are given out on the silver plate too....very classy....haha
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I sympathise Antdenatale, although I do have a practical suggestion by way of solution for disposal.

There is apparently significant demand for these things on that well-known auction website. But then you would have the problem of packing up & posting them. Not worth the hassle, obviously.

Do what I did with my own collection, and take them to that most British of events : a Sunday morning car boot sale. No shortage of willing buyers .....
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Originally Posted by Antdenatale
It was only this week that I realized how many of these damn bags I have at home, normally I come home and dump them in a cupboard, this week I had a clean out and there were over 40 of the bloody things there, most of them unopened!

I think I will just refuse now, although I do like when they are given out on the silver plate too....very classy....haha
I just put them all in one big bag, every few months I just drop whatever's unused off at nearest shelter or soup kitchen. You'll be surprised how grateful they are for toothbrush, tooth paste, etc.

On side note, shampoo and soap are also always appreciated.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by lighthand
I just put them all in one big bag, every few months I just drop whatever's unused off at nearest shelter or soup kitchen. You'll be surprised how grateful they are for toothbrush, tooth paste, etc.

On side note, shampoo and soap are also always appreciated.
^ ^
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:43 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
I shall ask & report back!
No amenity kit loaded DXB-DEL in F. Not a problem but no hand lotion at all in the bathrooms (is this an Aceboy thing?) or from crew (not an issue really) but is unusual IME.

I shall write up my thoughts on the EK experience given this was my first flight with them since 2002 & I am an EY fan....to date.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Yes NoY, aceboy is indeed widely regarded as our resident expert on hand lotion, and in his defence I have to say you would struggle to find anyone on FT more highly qualified on the complex subject.

(AFAIK, he's no slouch either when it comes to the wacky world of amenity kits and PJ's etc .....)
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:46 am
NoY

Originally Posted by subject2load
Yes NoY, aceboy is indeed widely regarded as our resident expert on hand lotion, and in his defence I have to say you would struggle to find anyone on FT more highly qualified on the complex subject.

(AFAIK, he's no slouch either when it comes to the wacky world of amenity kits and PJ's etc .....)
Duly noted.

I shall, of course, defer to his greater knowledge whenever the need arises, which it undoubtedly will
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Emirates Amenity Bags (Kits)

Got my first amenity kit today. Lots of useless fragrance and cream but no useful ear plugs inside. Thankfully I had an old AF amenity kit
in my carry on that had the plugs I needed. EK was a good airline though, not a bad way to get between Asia and Europe at a reasonable cost.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Got my first amenity kit today. Lots of useless fragrance and cream but no useful ear plugs inside. Thankfully I had an old AF amenity kit
in my carry on that had the plugs I needed. EK was a good airline though, not a bad way to get between Asia and Europe at a reasonable cost.
Earplugs available on request in all classes, standard orange 3M foam ones.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Hum. Interesting comment.
I definitively prefer EK kit over AF kit. Just compare the FCL toothbrush ...
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:42 am

Do they offer any amenity kits in Business class on BOM-DXB sectors? If yes, what should I expect?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Redhat72
Do they offer any amenity kits in Business class on BOM-DXB sectors? If yes, what should I expect?
No, it's 3 hours so ŷou won't get a kit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.