AKL - MEL

Old Oct 25, 15, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
AKL - MEL

Sorry to post such a newbie question - but have never flown with EK before and quite excited to do so - albeit in Economy!

I'm flying from AKL - MEL in March on the A380 and was wondering if people knew if this flight tended to be busy?

I was also wondering if people knew if they still carried a camera on every flight to take a photo of passengers as it would be a great memento for me and my mates.

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 25, 15, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by londonba2014 View Post
Sorry to post such a newbie question - but have never flown with EK before and quite excited to do so - albeit in Economy!

I'm flying from AKL - MEL in March on the A380 and was wondering if people knew if this flight tended to be busy?

I was also wondering if people knew if they still carried a camera on every flight to take a photo of passengers as it would be a great memento for me and my mates.

Thanks for your help!
Not sure about the loads although there are regular trans-Tasman travellers on here who should be along shortly to fill you in!

They still do have a Polaroid camera on board - just ask one of the crew.
Old Oct 25, 15, 6:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

how busy the flight is tends to vary ime - the friday evening flights have been busy but some other days can be very quiet
Old Oct 25, 15, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
It's a big aircraft to fill, and yes the loads do vary for all sorts of reasons.

But in general I would say - given that it has come to be seen by many residents of Oz & NZ (and of course visitors too) as the best of the available trans-Tasman options - it's more often busy than quiet.

Have a good trip ^
Old Oct 25, 15, 12:11 pm
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Tends to be fairly full. EK has quite competitive fares on extremely frequently, and better service than provided by say Air NZ.
Old Oct 26, 15, 3:33 am

I wonder if they'll be showing a replay of the RWC final when the Wallabies beat the All Blacks? (or vice-versa which is the more likely)
Old Oct 26, 15, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OzTennis View Post
I wonder if they'll be showing a replay of the RWC final when the Wallabies beat the All Blacks? (or vice-versa which is the more likely)
As an England fan - I want NZ to win, couldn't bear the embarrassment if Australia does!!
Old Oct 26, 15, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I agree, it will be too much to bear if the Aussies do pull it off. I love the country and (most of) its inhabitants dearly ; but as a long-suffering Brit on the wider sporting front - often having to suck up defeat at their hands - I prefer them to win as little as possible !

Strange how things pan out here on the forum. Having made my own contribution to the OP's enquiry just a couple of days ago, I now find myself needing to book the very same sector for late Feb next year.
Old Oct 26, 15, 6:41 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
Strange how things pan out here on the forum. Having made my own contribution to the OP's enquiry just a couple of days ago, I now find myself needing to book the very same sector for late Feb next year.
I'm going in the reverse direction on Friday . Before the match although will be back in Oz next week and as you can tell from my user name will suffer greatly if the wallabies win.....
Old Oct 26, 15, 7:31 am

As an England fan - I want NZ to win, couldn't bear the embarrassment if Australia does!!
Yes, it was so obvious at Twickers yesterday that all the English with tickets anticipating their team playing on the 2nd last weekend wanted Argentina to win.
Old Oct 26, 15, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by subject2load View Post
I agree, it will be too much to bear if the Aussies do pull it off. I love the country and (most of) its inhabitants dearly ; but as a long-suffering Brit on the wider sporting front - often having to suck up defeat at their hands - I prefer them to win as little as possible !

In a perverse way it wouldn't bother me if the AB's won - it is their number one sport and religion and means so much more to them. It's only the fourth footy code in Australia.
Old Feb 29, 16, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Hi there,

Have managed to get an upgrade and so am now flying Business.

Does Emirates provide amenity kits on this route and will the bar be open at the back?

Many thanks
Old Feb 29, 16, 12:59 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Hi there,

Have managed to get an upgrade and so am now flying Business.

Does Emirates provide amenity kits on this route and will the bar be open at the back?

Many thanks
I don't believe you get an amenity kit on this flight.

The bar *will* be open
Old Mar 1, 16, 1:08 am
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
I don't believe you get an amenity kit on this flight.

The bar *will* be open
Right on both counts.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: