Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Has Expert flyer removed Z visibility for F upgrades?

Old Oct 17, 15, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1MM

trying to look for F upgrade space and can't get any to show on EF.

Is there a glitch?
Old Oct 17, 15, 12:53 pm
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by avi8tir View Post
trying to look for F upgrade space and can't get any to show on EF.

Is there a glitch?
The glitch is with EK. As noted on the AS forum, if you do an award search on the Qantas website you'll see that EK award flights are missing from there as well. The inventory shown on the Alaska site is phantom and largely not bookable.
Old Oct 17, 15, 2:15 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
and D class for business saver and upgrades too, both missing from expertflyer
Old Oct 17, 15, 8:19 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
I have done a search on the Qantas site and can see EK availability in all classes?

EF is not showing any availability though for some reason....
Old Oct 17, 15, 8:39 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
If you do an award search on the Qantas website you'll see that EK award flights are missing from there as well.
Untrue. I have been searching daily SYD-DXB in F to change a current redemption.
Old Oct 17, 15, 10:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It may be coincidence, but I was looking for upgrade/saver award availability which EF didn't show whilst Qantas did show it and was available when I phone EK to make the booking

It would seem perhaps , less a glitch, more that EK is not making the information available to the source used by EF.

Can it be confirmed that this is a temporary issue and not a further loss of functionality of EF?
Old Oct 17, 15, 11:12 pm
HB7

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
It would seem perhaps , less a glitch, more that EK is not making the information available to the source used by EF.
It is definitely a glitch from the EF side. I think as a service which they are charging for, EF need to fix this or else people will start to want their money back.

I use EF, and I for one don't want to pay for a service that is not even working.
Old Oct 17, 15, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HB7 View Post
It is definitely a glitch from the EF side. I think as a service which they are charging for, EF need to fix this or else people will start to want their money back.

I use EF, and I for one don't want to pay for a service that is not even working.
EF can only provide the information that the system has - EF can only report what is available to report so not (imo) a glitch as such in EF

Regardless, given that some small tests seem to show that EK is providing information to at least one source, it would seem odd if it accidently stopped providing it to that which EF uses and would like confirmation from EF whether this is a permanent removal by EK or when it will be available to EF again

EK award availability is a feature that I do use and removal of it is a loss that would make me reconsider the service
Old Oct 18, 15, 4:33 am
HB7

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Regardless, given that some small tests seem to show that EK is providing information to at least one source, it would seem odd if it accidently stopped providing it to that which EF uses and would like confirmation from EF whether this is a permanent removal by EK or when it will be available to EF again

EK award availability is a feature that I do use and removal of it is a loss that would make me reconsider the service
Well I have e-mailed the support team at EF and I'm yet to hear anything.

For me I'd like to have a couple of alerts on EK seats and EK availability is the main reason I have a premium subscription. I expect my money back for this month if this issue isn't resolved.
Old Oct 18, 15, 5:19 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
I just renewed my subscription to EF last month. I was wondering why EF was not showing the Z seats . I had set up an alert on EF and it did not trigger .

Went on EK website and the upgrade availability was there. Couldn't book.it as I was late for my flight.The seats are no longer available now.:-(

If EF had known about the issue then they should have sent an email to their paying customers instead of keeping quiet about the issue .
Old Oct 18, 15, 5:54 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post
If EF had known about the issue then they should have sent an email to their paying customers instead of keeping quiet about the issue .
+1 - I joined a couple of months ago mainly for their data on EK (they don't get anything from BA which is the other airline I would routinely look for).
Old Oct 18, 15, 6:58 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi View Post
+1 - I joined a couple of months ago mainly for their data on EK (they don't get anything from BA which is the other airline I would routinely look for).
I will be cancelling of this is true.
Old Oct 18, 15, 9:10 am
Company Representative - ExpertFlyer.com

Lightbulb

I guess no one tried a search today, but this was fixed last night, somewhere between post 8 and 9:

Code:
Results from ExpertFlyer.com

Awards & Upgrades Search
Departing JFK on 03/01/16 for DXB
Flying EK   on booking class Z D N      

Frequency                                                    
Flight        Stops  Depart             Arrive             Aircraft  Reliability     Class Description                      Code  Seats
0 Connections
EK 204        0      JFK                DXB                38S       Unavailable     First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade     Z     N
                     03/01/16           03/02/16                     55% / 56m       Business - Saver Award & Upgrade       D     Y
                                                                                     Economy - Saver Award                  N     Y

0 Connections
EK 208        0      JFK                DXB                38S       Unavailable     First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade     Z     Y
                     03/01/16           03/02/16                     76% / 18m       Business - Saver Award & Upgrade       D     Y

0 Connections
EK 202        0      JFK                DXB                38S       Unavailable     First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade     Z     Y
                     03/01/16           03/02/16                     69% / 19m       Business - Saver Award & Upgrade       D     Y

0 Connections
EK 206        1      JFK                DXB                38S       Unavailable     First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade     Z     Y
                     03/01/16           03/02/16                     NA / NA         Business - Saver Award & Upgrade       D     Y

1 Connection
EK 206        0      JFK                MXP                38S       Unavailable     First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade     Z     Y
                     03/01/16           03/02/16                     89% / 13m       Business - Saver Award & Upgrade       D     Y

EK 92         0      MXP                DXB                38S       Unavailable     First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade     Z     Y
                     03/02/16           03/03/16                     68% / 16m       Business - Saver Award & Upgrade       D     Y

1 Connection
EK 206        0      JFK                MXP                38S       Unavailable     First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade     Z     Y
                     03/01/16           03/02/16                     89% / 13m       Business - Saver Award & Upgrade       D     Y

EK 102        0      MXP                DXB                77W       Unavailable     First - Flex & Saver Award/Upgrade     Z     N
                     03/03/16           03/03/16                     95% / 10m       Business - Saver Award & Upgrade       D     Y
But thank you all for not panicking or assuming the worst and giving us a few days to look into it.
Old Oct 18, 15, 9:56 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice View Post
I guess no one tried a search today, but this was fixed last night, somewhere between post 8 and 9:

But thank you all for not panicking or assuming the worst and giving us a few days to look into it.
Not sure it has been fixed actually? Just tried about 10 searches on fights that are showing D class availability on EK.com, but EF is showing no availability on any of them
Old Oct 18, 15, 10:22 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by modularmayhem View Post
Not sure it has been fixed actually? Just tried about 10 searches on fights that are showing D class availability on EK.com, but EF is showing no availability on any of them
I did one this morning too. No availability.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: