Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Has Expert flyer removed Z visibility for F upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has Expert flyer removed Z visibility for F upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:33 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
I guess no one tried a search today, but this was fixed last night, somewhere between post 8 and 9:

But thank you all for not panicking or assuming the worst and giving us a few days to look into it.
I did a search 5 minutes ago.

No availability showing at all on flights that are showing availability in F on Qantas.com and Emirates.com?

So...it is obviously not fixed.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:37 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by HB7
I did a search 5 minutes ago.

No availability showing at all on flights that are showing availability in F on Qantas.com and Emirates.com?

So...it is obviously not fixed.
If you have a specific example feel free to email us, however if you search for the example we posted, you will see availability.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:59 pm
HB7

If you have a specific example feel free to email us, however if you search for the example we posted, you will see availability.
MEL - DXB. Z-bucket availability. Dates range from 3 Feb 2016 till 6 Feb 2016

SYD - DXB. Z-bucket availability. Dates range from 3 Feb 2016 till 6 Feb 2016

EF has no availability - yet on the QF site there are seats available on those routes and those dates.

I have also emailed your support team and received no answers.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

That's great... we'll all just fly those dates
Old Oct 19, 2015, 2:10 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
20th Oct EK161 DXB-DUB
20th Oct EK163 DXB-DUB
27th Oct EK162 DUB-DXB
27th Oct EK164 Dub-DXB.........

need i go on?

all showing Saver award available on EK.com but nothing on EF.com
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:33 am

But thank you all for not panicking or assuming the worst and giving us a few days to look into it.
I'm normally all for giving companies the benefit of doubt and time to resolve issues, but I don't think that the sarcasm and the tone of your message is suitable for the official representative of a paid service responding to a reported problem.

It would have been less galling if the issue had in fact been resolved before your second message, but the issue - as others have reported - appears far from being resolved.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:17 am
HB7

Originally Posted by stargold
I'm normally all for giving companies the benefit of doubt and time to resolve issues, but I don't think that the sarcasm and the tone of your message is suitable for the official representative of a paid service responding to a reported problem.

It would have been less galling if the issue had in fact been resolved before your second message, but the issue - as others have reported - appears far from being resolved.
Just to add to this - as it stands now, I have sent the support team an e-mail and I am yet to receive a response.

A message from EF minus the sarcasm explaining that they are working on the issue I think is far more appropriate.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by HB7
...A message from EF minus the sarcasm explaining that they are working on the issue I think is far more appropriate.

Comments like these from customers is why many companies avoid responding. Dealing with the public gets more and more difficult, so companies then just avoid any responses, or filter it so much it becomes worthless.

I agree they need to fix this, but work with them vs. slamming them.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Comments like these from customers is why many companies avoid responding. Dealing with the public gets more and more difficult, so companies then just avoid any responses, or filter it so much it becomes worthless.

Is it particularly unrealistic or unreasonable to expect that a company representative refrains from being sarcastic or confrontational when responding to customers over an issue?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 8:01 am
HB7

I don't see how being sarcastic and incorrectly claiming to have fixed an issue is this company avoiding to respond or filter anything?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't see that there was any sarcsm in the posts referred to

It seems that the issue was not resolved even though it seems that the person thought that it was, but how was that being sarcastic?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:36 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I don't see that there was any sarcsm in the posts referred to

It seems that the issue was not resolved even though it seems that the person thought that it was, but how was that being sarcastic?
"But thank you all for not panicking or assuming the worst and giving us a few days to look into it."

If that's not sarcastic, I don't know what is...
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
"But thank you all for not panicking or assuming the worst and giving us a few days to look into it."

If that's not sarcastic, I don't know what is...
So what posts on the thread were of a nature of accusing of the worst , such that such a post would be a sarcastic response to the events?

The 1st sarcastic post that I noticed was the one where there was a response about only flying on the specific dates that were used to suggest it was working
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
So what posts on the thread were of a nature of accusing of the worst , such that such a post would be a sarcastic response to the events?
Spelling it out would involve quoting others' posts in a negative context. But if it's not clear after reading the posts immediately preceding the post in question... it would appear you are alone in not seeing it.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 5:48 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by HB7
MEL - DXB. Z-bucket availability. Dates range from 3 Feb 2016 till 6 Feb 2016

SYD - DXB. Z-bucket availability. Dates range from 3 Feb 2016 till 6 Feb 2016

EF has no availability - yet on the QF site there are seats available on those routes and those dates.

I have also emailed your support team and received no answers.
Both of those examples show no availability using the AS award search that was referenced earlier. So it would seem that whatever issue is not limited to ExpertFlyer, but we will investigate further.

You didn't receive a response because your email also lacked any examples for us to test and you were replying on this thread before you emailed us anything.

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
20th Oct EK161 DXB-DUB
20th Oct EK163 DXB-DUB
27th Oct EK162 DUB-DXB
27th Oct EK164 Dub-DXB.........
Availability for those routes also doesn't show on the AS award search.

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
need i go on?
Thank you NoStressHere, we are trying to figure this out however it took 2 days to get sample searches from anyone reporting the problem. We would also appreciate that if there is an issue, that one doesn't assume what the issue is, how our systems work, the status of any particular piece of information on ExpertFlyer, or who is at fault. When we have a concrete answer, one way or another, we will share it.

Also, please remember FlyerTalk is not a technical support forum for ExpertFlyer, the best way to help is to email us directly at customercare@ with specific examples that we can test as soon as possible. Too often we get emails with claims of issues, along with anger, sarcasm and threats of cancellation, but without the basic information to replicate the search/issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.