Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Do i get emirates skywards miles for saa flight operated by emirates???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do i get emirates skywards miles for saa flight operated by emirates???

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy Do i get emirates skywards miles for saa flight operated by emirates???

Im flying tomorrow to Mozambique
first leg is an Emirates flight to Johannesburg
but my client booked it through South African Airlines

But its an Emirates flight from Dubai to SA
but i don't have an EK number
it says "South African Airways SA7161 Operated By: Emirates Airlines

I can't check in online with emirates
nor can i retrieve an existing booking on emirates site

Do i earn the Emirates Skywards Miles?
I called up the call Centre but they said No

but apparently i get the air miles for the SA Airlines second leg (Johannesburg to Maputo)

If this is correct it makes absolutely no sense at all to me

it should be the other way around
why would i earn skywards miles from another airline?
i want to earn miles from my Emirates flight

Im so upset

plus i can't even check in online
SA Airways is the worst!!!!!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
You only earn skywards miles if your flight number (the on eon your ticket) begins with EK, irrespective of who is operating the flight.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
I think the 'logic' goes something like this:

If you are on a codeshare flight you can choose who you buy it from - if you buy from EK you get skywards miles if you buy from the partner you get their miles.

If you are on a flight with a partner airline which is not a codeshare you can't make the choice but you get some Skywards miles anyway if that is the FF number you put in your booking. You would probably get more miles and status points if you stuck to the FF programme of the operating airline

The more I think about the dafter it seems....
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Hi.

I think you guys may be wrong with this. I once flew DUR-DXB-DUR on an SA flight number operated by EK and got credited skywards miles but not tier miles.

It was cheaper to book with SAA on EK metal than to book EK on EK metal!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:00 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Any further input on this question? SAA flight number, operated by EK metal.....earns Skywards Miles & or Tier Points? Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:21 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by NoY
Any further input on this question? SAA flight number, operated by EK metal.....earns Skywards Miles & or Tier Points? Thanks!
Certainly not tier miles, they are only accrued on tickets issued by EK (i.e. an EK flight number).
You should be able to choose the FFP that you accure the 'normal' miles to. That would be possible through Manage My Booking on the website of SAA in this case. Good luck with the SAA website though.....
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:24 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Certainly not tier miles, they are only accrued on tickets issued by EK (i.e. an EK flight number).
You should be able to choose the FFP that you accure the 'normal' miles to. That would be possible through Manage My Booking on the website of SAA in this case. Good luck with the SAA website though.....
Great, thanks for the input ^ Not too worried about Tier Points/status with EK (its a one-off) more about the mileage accrual. I cannot find anything published that totally clarifies on this specific situation - how odd
Old Apr 28, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh
EK tier miles are accrued by flying on a revenue ticket on EK flight number.The ticket doesn't need to be issued by EK , for example a ticket with routing (of 2 flights issued by SA) : JNB/DXB SA , DXB/AMM EK. Only the EK flight (DXB/AMM) accrued the EK tier miles , even though the SA flight JNB/SDXB is code share and EK metal.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by Steve2206
Im flying tomorrow to Mozambique
first leg is an Emirates flight to Johannesburg
but my client booked it through South African Airlines

But its an Emirates flight from Dubai to SA
but i don't have an EK number
it says "South African Airways SA7161 Operated By: Emirates Airlines

I can't check in online with emirates
nor can i retrieve an existing booking on emirates site

Do i earn the Emirates Skywards Miles?
I called up the call Centre but they said No

but apparently i get the air miles for the SA Airlines second leg (Johannesburg to Maputo)

If this is correct it makes absolutely no sense at all to me

it should be the other way around
why would i earn skywards miles from another airline?
i want to earn miles from my Emirates flight

Im so upset

plus i can't even check in online
SA Airways is the worst!!!!!
In short - quote your EK Skywards number and you'll get Skywards miles for all SAA flights (operated by SAA or EK). No tier miles though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.