Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

What to do near DXB from 0500-0930 on a Sunday morning?

What to do near DXB from 0500-0930 on a Sunday morning?

Old Sep 22, 15, 4:50 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: JNB
Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
Posts: 131
What to do near DXB from 0500-0930 on a Sunday morning?

I get into DXB at 0500 on Sunday and depart at 1420. I have to briefly go to Deira City Center Mall at 10am then it will be back to DXB and the lounge before my onwards flight.

But I can't really go to the lounge on arrival as a transfer pax and then try and pop out to Deira can I?

So where would you go to kill a few hours? I am thinking a nice breakfast in a nice setting ideally with some decent complimentary newspapers. But open to suggestions and not really sure where to go. I don't want to travel too far. I will just have a small hand luggage wheeled suitcase and laptop bag. I can put both in left luggage if needed.

Thanks
groundops is offline  
Old Sep 22, 15, 4:55 pm
  #2  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 15,802
Originally Posted by groundops View Post
I get into DXB at 0500 on Sunday and depart at 1420. I have to briefly go to Deira City Center Mall at 10am then it will be back to DXB and the lounge before my onwards flight.

But I can't really go to the lounge on arrival as a transfer pax and then try and pop out to Deira can I?
This shouldn't be an issue. Once you're ready to leave, just go the wrong way back through security and into immigration (say you got confused). Note - I've not tried this myself, but other people on here say it's quite simple.
DYKWIA is online now  
Old Sep 22, 15, 5:11 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: JNB
Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
This shouldn't be an issue. Once you're ready to leave, just go the wrong way back through security and into immigration (say you got confused). Note - I've not tried this myself, but other people on here say it's quite simple.
Thanks.

This would be best option.

Deira does not really open till 1030 IIRC. Officially it opens at 1000 but that is shift start/arrive at work time it seems for most workers. By the time shop shutters are up is closer to 1030. Hopefully I'll be done by 1130.

What would be the latest time one could leave Deira to get back for flight at 1420 if I want/need to stay longer there? (I have liitle idea how busy security will be at lunchtime to return airside).
groundops is offline  
Old Sep 23, 15, 3:30 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,156
Originally Posted by groundops View Post
Thanks.

This would be best option.

Deira does not really open till 1030 IIRC. Officially it opens at 1000 but that is shift start/arrive at work time it seems for most workers. By the time shop shutters are up is closer to 1030. Hopefully I'll be done by 1130.

What would be the latest time one could leave Deira to get back for flight at 1420 if I want/need to stay longer there? (I have liitle idea how busy security will be at lunchtime to return airside).
Depending on traffic/metro, say 1300. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes max from Deira to the airport.
eternaltransit is offline  
Old Sep 23, 15, 4:16 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: JNB
Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
Posts: 131
Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
Depending on traffic/metro, say 1300. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes max from Deira to the airport.
Thanks.

Doubt I'll cut it that fine.
groundops is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: