Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

What to do near DXB from 0500-0930 on a Sunday morning?

Old Sep 22, 15, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors

I get into DXB at 0500 on Sunday and depart at 1420. I have to briefly go to Deira City Center Mall at 10am then it will be back to DXB and the lounge before my onwards flight.

But I can't really go to the lounge on arrival as a transfer pax and then try and pop out to Deira can I?

So where would you go to kill a few hours? I am thinking a nice breakfast in a nice setting ideally with some decent complimentary newspapers. But open to suggestions and not really sure where to go. I don't want to travel too far. I will just have a small hand luggage wheeled suitcase and laptop bag. I can put both in left luggage if needed.

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 15, 4:55 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by groundops View Post
I get into DXB at 0500 on Sunday and depart at 1420. I have to briefly go to Deira City Center Mall at 10am then it will be back to DXB and the lounge before my onwards flight.

But I can't really go to the lounge on arrival as a transfer pax and then try and pop out to Deira can I?
This shouldn't be an issue. Once you're ready to leave, just go the wrong way back through security and into immigration (say you got confused). Note - I've not tried this myself, but other people on here say it's quite simple.
Old Sep 22, 15, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
This shouldn't be an issue. Once you're ready to leave, just go the wrong way back through security and into immigration (say you got confused). Note - I've not tried this myself, but other people on here say it's quite simple.
Thanks.

This would be best option.

Deira does not really open till 1030 IIRC. Officially it opens at 1000 but that is shift start/arrive at work time it seems for most workers. By the time shop shutters are up is closer to 1030. Hopefully I'll be done by 1130.

What would be the latest time one could leave Deira to get back for flight at 1420 if I want/need to stay longer there? (I have liitle idea how busy security will be at lunchtime to return airside).
Old Sep 23, 15, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by groundops View Post
Thanks.

This would be best option.

Deira does not really open till 1030 IIRC. Officially it opens at 1000 but that is shift start/arrive at work time it seems for most workers. By the time shop shutters are up is closer to 1030. Hopefully I'll be done by 1130.

What would be the latest time one could leave Deira to get back for flight at 1420 if I want/need to stay longer there? (I have liitle idea how busy security will be at lunchtime to return airside).
Depending on traffic/metro, say 1300. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes max from Deira to the airport.
Old Sep 23, 15, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
Depending on traffic/metro, say 1300. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes max from Deira to the airport.
Thanks.

Doubt I'll cut it that fine.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: