Search

Night in Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite, Le Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
Night in Dubai

Hello everyone,

I have a few hours transit in Dubai at night (arriving at 1.30). A colleague flying with me wants to profit to have a quick look at the city and maybe have a drink (or two) in a rooftop before catching our early flight to Madrid, instead of spending the night in a hotel or in the lounge, as it is his first time in Dubai. Although I have stayed there many times, I don't know where to go at night. All the places I know close at 2.00 or do not have a lounge/pub with views. Do you know any, just to spend a couple hours before returning to the airport? Thanks a lot for your advises!

Last edited by Kant1979; Sep 22, 2015 at 2:37 am
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
You're going to be very hard pressed to find a rooftop bar open after 2am in Dubai. The next time you're in Dubai and have more time, I would very strongly recommend Iris, on top of the Oberoi in Business Bay. One of my favourite rooftop joints in the world.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:42 am
Bau

If you don't find airport congestion at that time and somehow manage to get a taxi by 1:40 you should be just in time for either the IRIS or:
- 15 min ride to Level 43 Sky Lounge at the Sheraton Four Points (DIFC);
- 20 min ride to Vault at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai (Business bay).

Have a try only if you feel very adventurous and wouldn't mind a wasted trip.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 2:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bau
If you don't find airport congestion at that time and somehow manage to get a taxi by 1:40...
He's landing at 1.30am. Even if it weren't peak time, there's absolutely no way he's going to be able to make it to any bars before closing.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, AB Gold, TK Elite, Le Club Accor Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by EK788
He's landing at 1.30am. Even if it weren't peak time, there's absolutely no way he's going to be able to make it to any bars before closing.
That's what I thought too, but I asked just in case any of you knew some bars closing later. I think we will just drive Sheikh Zayed Road for a while so that he can see Burj Khalifa a little bit closer and back to the airport. Thanks anyway!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 4:00 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Bau
If you don't find airport congestion at that time and somehow manage to get a taxi by 1:40 you should be just in time for either the IRIS or:
- 15 min ride to Level 43 Sky Lounge at the Sheraton Four Points (DIFC);
- 20 min ride to Vault at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai (Business bay).

Have a try only if you feel very adventurous and wouldn't mind a wasted trip.
I like the H hotel rooftop bar - 40Kong.

Awesome.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 5:11 am
Bau

Originally Posted by EK788
Don't want to argue over this but it's not impossible to land 15 minutes before ETA and be queuing at the taxi line just 20 minutes after. Not enough time for a drink but maybe just in time for a couple of pics from a rooftop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.