Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Help me decode ExpertFlyer seat availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help me decode ExpertFlyer seat availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by m3red

Thats still probably over in y
Sorry, don't get it?

Do you mean that its full in Y or oversold?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: EK Plat
A few observations...

1) Are you looking at each sector individually or both sectors as a trip? Emirates relies quite heavily on married segments so the availability can differ if searching segment by segment might show different availability.

2) I've noticed that Emirates will often still sell F seats even when J is overbooked to the point that the F cabin will already be full. They clearly take the view that the additional revenue from selling an F seat is greater than downgrading/offloadinga a J passenger. This is similar in J when Y is heavily overbooked

Sc0tty - if you share the exact date of your flights, I will see if I can get the exact load for you if it's T-48...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by Lkaroo
A few observations...

1) Are you looking at each sector individually or both sectors as a trip? Emirates relies quite heavily on married segments so the availability can differ if searching segment by segment might show different availability.

2) I've noticed that Emirates will often still sell F seats even when J is overbooked to the point that the F cabin will already be full. They clearly take the view that the additional revenue from selling an F seat is greater than downgrading/offloadinga a J passenger. This is similar in J when Y is heavily overbooked

Sc0tty - if you share the exact date of your flights, I will see if I can get the exact load for you if it's T-48...
Thanks mate.

I am looking at a 'married' segment - PVG to GLA on the 20th March.

Depart PVG on EK303 on 20th March and then EK027 on 21st of March.

Thank you.

Last edited by S c 0 TT y; Mar 18, 2019 at 3:06 am
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y
Sorry, don't get it?

Do you mean that its full in Y or oversold?
i mean over sold
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Thats still probably over in y
If they were only selling Flex Plus tickets I'd tend to agree. However, with Flex tickets (W, M and B) still for sale I think they expect there will be empty seats.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by ft101
If they were only selling Flex Plus tickets I'd tend to agree. However, with Flex tickets (W, M and B) still for sale I think they expect there will be empty seats.
ive seen loads show like that when y is over and there is plenty of space up front esp a380 flights...this is based on actual figures and comparing with what EF says
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:56 am

Thanks mate.

I am looking at a 'married' segment - PVG to GLA on the 20th March.

Depart PVG on EK303 on 20th March and then EK027 on 21st of March.

Thank you.
EK303 is overbooked by a decent amount. I'll pm you the exact load. Can't see the other flight yet.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:24 am

EK303 is overbooked by a decent amount. I'll pm you the exact load. Can't see the other flight yet.
told you...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:52 pm

No upgrade, it wasn’t overbooked. The check in staff told me that the load is high but sests in economy are available (scattered around the cabin).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:46 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
No upgrade, it wasn’t overbooked. The check in staff told me that the load is high but sests in economy are available (scattered around the cabin).
So EK’s revenue management algorithms got it right again.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:39 am

It would have been at points - they know how many no shows they will get
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:17 am

Really?! On the PVG-DXB leg it was overbooked by a decent margin...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:47 am

Really?! On the PVG-DXB leg it was overbooked by a decent margin...
Yeah, at check-in I asked straight up for chances of OP-UP and she said there is no chance as although business is full and economy has a few seats scattered around the cabins.

On the DXB-GLA leg just now and this is wide open, everyone seems to have a spare seat next to them lol.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:52 am

Yeah, at check-in I asked straight up for chances of OP-UP and she said there is no chance as although business is full and economy has a few seats scattered around the cabins.

On the DXB-GLA leg just now and this is wide open, everyone seems to have a spare seat next to them lol.
I suspect there was a combination of no shows/missed connections (not sure from PVG)/cancellations/people upgrading. Business still had a couple of seats free when I checked.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:56 am

I suspect there was a combination of no shows/missed connections (not sure from PVG)/cancellations/people upgrading. Business still had a couple of seats free when I checked.
I was one of the first people to check-in, when I got to the airport the desk was closed so i was in front of the queue waiting for the desks to be active. In case of no-shows, surely they would have found out nearer to check-in being closed, as with OP-UPS too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.