Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Help me decode ExpertFlyer seat availability

Help me decode ExpertFlyer seat availability

Reply

Old Aug 30, 15, 3:57 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DXB/MEL
Programs: EK Gold
Posts: 6
Good evening everyone. I too have a question regarding ExpertFlyer and how to decipher how busy the flight is. I'm on EK405 tomorrow night (MEL-SIN) and it's showing the following:

F4 A3 J7 C7 I7 O0 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9 B9 U9 K9 H9 Q9 L9 T0 V0 X0

Could someone please explain to me what this means?

Many thanks, Andrew
Andrew James is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 15, 4:48 am
  #17  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,178
Originally Posted by Andrew James View Post
Good evening everyone. I too have a question regarding ExpertFlyer and how to decipher how busy the flight is. I'm on EK405 tomorrow night (MEL-SIN) and it's showing the following:

F4 A3 J7 C7 I7 O0 P0 Y9 E9 R9 W9 M9 B9 U9 K9 H9 Q9 L9 T0 V0 X0

Could someone please explain to me what this means?

Many thanks, Andrew
Means its wide open in all classes
m3red is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 15, 5:07 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: DXB/MEL
Programs: EK Gold
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
Means its wide open in all classes
Thank you very much. Is it as simple as just seeing that there's a number greater than zero in a few of the economy classes to realize that it's not so busy?

Thanks again.
Andrew James is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 15, 5:11 am
  #19  
Bau
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 39
9 (or 7 in some cases) is the highest number you will see for any RBD.

This does not actually mean that there are 9 (or more) seats available as availability of all RBDs might drastically change simply with one additional booking.

For instance, if F is empty and J is fully booked, you might still see the J RBDs wide open.
Bau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 16, 9:46 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: MCI
Programs: AA Explat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 55
I am looking at a flight that shows F4, and Google Flights is selling 4 F seats. However when I go to the Emirates website and try to book 9 tickets for the flight, it gives me a price quote- suggesting that 9+ seats are available. In addition, the EF seat map is empty. Would there be 9+ seats on that flight, or only 4?
CabinChief is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 16, 1:01 pm
  #21  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,178
Originally Posted by CabinChief View Post
I am looking at a flight that shows F4, and Google Flights is selling 4 F seats. However when I go to the Emirates website and try to book 9 tickets for the flight, it gives me a price quote- suggesting that 9+ seats are available. In addition, the EF seat map is empty. Would there be 9+ seats on that flight, or only 4?
It means 9 are available.

Ef states what EK will sell and they don't oversell F but even at F4 A4 it means they will sell 4 seats at either F flex or saver but Likely means more than 4 are left.

I have a flight that is F4 A4 and 6 seats are left...
m3red is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 16, 4:14 pm
  #22  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,858
For F the maximum availability is always 4, just like in Y it will never show higher than 9. It means 4 or more, not exactly 4. And like m3red mentions, there are other fare buckets that book into first class as well, not just F
skywardhunter is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 16, 1:02 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 176
So for the last few days it looks like expertflyer is down. Anyone else not able to connect?
Str1tch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 16, 1:07 am
  #24  
Ambassador: Emirates
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Economy, mostly :(
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,858
Originally Posted by Str1tch View Post
So for the last few days it looks like expertflyer is down. Anyone else not able to connect?
works fine for me
skywardhunter is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 3:41 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 384
New to EF (yay!), am I right in saying that the following 2 flights are full in economy but some availability in first and business?



How likely is this to change, my flight is in 5 days time.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by S c 0 TT y; Mar 15, 19 at 3:56 am
S c 0 TT y is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 4:47 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LGW / AMS / CPT
Programs: SA KL BA EK
Posts: 2,242
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y View Post
New to EF (yay!), am I right in saying that the following 2 flights are full in economy but some availability in first and business?



How likely is this to change, my flight is in 5 days time.

Thanks in advance.
Litterally it means that the airline is not selling any Y tickets, that they will sell 7 (or more, because 7 is the maximum number here) in business ( but only at the highest fare), and 4 (or more) in first (even at a lower fare, possibly Saver).

How likely this is to change is difficult to say. I certainly have seen Y availability mysteriously reappear, so donít get you op-up hopes up too much yet....
S c 0 TT y likes this.
thijsseh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 19, 9:18 pm
  #27  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Manchester/London, currently Tunisia
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post


Litterally it means that the airline is not selling any Y tickets, that they will sell 7 (or more, because 7 is the maximum number here) in business ( but only at the highest fare), and 4 (or more) in first (even at a lower fare, possibly Saver).

How likely this is to change is difficult to say. I certainly have seen Y availability mysteriously reappear, so donít get you op-up hopes up too much yet....

A few weeks ago I posted my flight availability for BKK-DXB and DXB-MAN. Both were on Y0 with a week to go. Then throughout the week they jumped back up as high as Y7 on both flights.

On the day of departure BKK-DXB was showing Y4 and this was confirmed on check in and DXB-MAN was back to Y0... I was sulking in the lounge resigned to the fact I would not get an OP-Up on the first flight but still had hopes for the Manchester flight. To my delight my boarding pass changed in the BKK lounge and then at this point I was fairly confident of an Op-Up for my second flight. Yet this was not to be on the MAN sector, in fact economy was not even full.

It is good to use EF to get an idea but in reality it can be so unpredictable. A Y0 flight can become empty from missed connections and then likewise a flight that looks wide open can all of a sudden becomes oversold.
S c 0 TT y likes this.
Will08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 19, 2:14 am
  #28  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,716
Completely agree with the above. I was thinking of gambling on an op-up on SYD-DXB (Gold and Flex Plus) last week based on the availability figures, with Y looking full and J pretty empty with just a week to go. I ended up taking a discounted offer and glad, I did as J went out with one empty seat and Y with lots.

The numbers just can't be relied on, or my knowledge of how to obtain and interpret them isn't up to speed.
ft101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 19, 3:57 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 384
Looks like situation has changed significantly 🤦🏽.♂️



S c 0 TT y is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 19, 10:44 pm
  #30  
Ambassador, Emirates
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,178
Originally Posted by S c 0 TT y View Post
Looks like situation has changed significantly 🤦🏽.♂️



Thats still probably over in y
m3red is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread