EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:25 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Ashp
Do emirates have a dedicated lounge at the airport?
If so what’s it like ?

No EK lounge at STN.
From what I have heard, the contract lounge is dire.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Some
It’s the aptly named ‘Escape’ lounge as that’s what you’ll want to do.

In all seriousness it’s better than sitting in the terminal but don’t expect it to be amazing. Emirates have a dedicated area cordoned off within the lounge so there is at least comfortable seating, the rest of the lounge is a bit of a zoo, however. No loos in the lounge so you’ll have to leave for that. Food and beverages about what you’d expect for a contract lounge at a non-prime airport (i.e. not great).
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Given that EK do not have their own lounge in Barcelona ....... the shared lounge was absolutely dreadful!!!! Was more like a train station with no place to sit .... UGH!!!

I know - first world problems!!!!
Tanzguy likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: Skywards silver
Anybody have much experience with the lounge that EK use in Ho Chi Minh city? Is it an okay standard?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
It’s the aptly named ‘Escape’ lounge as that’s what you’ll want to do.

In all seriousness it’s better than sitting in the terminal but don’t expect it to be amazing. Emirates have a dedicated area cordoned off within the lounge so there is at least comfortable seating, the rest of the lounge is a bit of a zoo, however. No loos in the lounge so you’ll have to leave for that. Food and beverages about what you’d expect for a contract lounge at a non-prime airport (i.e. not great).
Is champagne (as opposed to Prosecco) complimentary in the Escape lounge for EK (specifically F) pax?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Wapps68

Is champagne (as opposed to Prosecco) complimentary in the Escape lounge for EK (specifically F) pax?
I didn't ask, but I doubt it! There are some olives / snacks inside the EK section but you have to go to the bar in the main lounge to get most drinks. I'm not sure if they have champagne even available to purchase - you'd be better waiting for the Dom Pérignon on boarding in F.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:43 am

I didn't ask, but I doubt it! There are some olives / snacks inside the EK section but you have to go to the bar in the main lounge to get most drinks. I'm not sure if they have champagne even available to purchase - you'd be better waiting for the Dom Pérignon on boarding in F.
Ok, thank you. I believe champagne is available to purchase. It would be a bit odd if EK hasn’t covered the cost, at least for F pax (although that would be awkward if it were only F).

I’m looking forward to the DP though!
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:57 am

Ok, thank you. I believe champagne is available to purchase. It would be a bit odd if EK hasn’t covered the cost, at least for F pax (although that would be awkward if it were only F).

I’m looking forward to the DP though!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Hi, all. I'm ticketed on my first EK flights (via a single AS award) in September, as follows:

EK232 IAD-DXB in First 1055-805 (+1)

EK 131 DXB-DME in Business 1720-2135

I plan to enter the UAE and do a few hours of sightseeing in Dubai during the long layover - my first time there.

Question: When I return to DXB in the afternoon, will I have access to the First lounge, or just the Business lounge?

Thank you!
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by discoverCSG
Hi, all. I'm ticketed on my first EK flights (via a single AS award) in September, as follows:

I plan to enter the UAE and do a few hours of sightseeing in Dubai during the long layover - my first time there.

Question: When I return to DXB in the afternoon, will I have access to the First lounge, or just the Business lounge?

Thank you!
Business
Old Jul 26, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic

Thank you!
Just the J lounge I'm afraid. I have read that on routes where F was unavailable for booking some people have been able to access the F lounge but not sure how it works with awards
Old Jul 26, 2019, 4:51 pm

I am booked on this flight on September 11.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
Credit card lounge access

Is there a lounge at DXB that lets in Visa infinity card holders ?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Carl380
Is there a lounge at DXB that lets in Visa infinity card holders ?
Assuming this is the Canadian card... then yes. You get a Priority Pass card from I can make out, so you have access to the Marhaba lounges in all of the terminals.
Carl380 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Assuming this is the Canadian card... then yes. You get a Priority Pass card from I can make out, so you have access to the Marhaba lounges in all of the terminals.
just called concierge and sadly you have to have a visa infinite privilege card and not just a visa infinite.

so then they sign you up with priority pass for a fee and you get 6 free lounge access passes + subsidized fee afterwards. Don’t think it’s worth it since the year fees are over $399 to get a visa infinite privilege card. Might as well just buy a priority pass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.