Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Dambus

Recent SIN data point on this: Got turned away from the SIN Qantas lounge at around 6pm with an EK F boarding pass as the lounge was full. Between 4pm and 7pm YMMV.
Was the EK lounge open - if so you and you were able to use that you did not miss much ...

I have seen reports that during peak periods, QF are often sending some of their "own" lounge eligible PAX to alternate facilities.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
Was the EK lounge open - if so you and you were able to use that you did not miss much ...

I have seen reports that during peak periods, QF are often sending some of their "own" lounge eligible PAX to alternate facilities.
Yes, the EK lounge was open and practically empty so no big deal.

Was just curious what the two freshly cooked options were in the Qantas lounge - other than that the lounge does feel a bit “industrial”.

Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Small dishes that are generally representative of Singapore/Asia. There's much previous reference in this thread.

They are small - I could easily eat four serves, but I don't. If one takes my fancy I'll try it before heading to the EK lounge for a far better feed.
Dambus likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:40 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Emirates Opens First Dedicated Airport Lounge in Cairo

Cairo: 12 July, 2018 – Emirates today unveiled its 42nd dedicated lounge across its global network at Cairo International Airport (CAI). The lounge is now open to Emirates First Class and Business Class customers as well as Platinum and Gold members of Skywards, the airline’s loyalty programme.

Reflecting the airline’s ongoing commitment to Egypt, the Emirates Lounge in Cairo represents a US$ 3.6 million investment to provide premium customers with a seamless and enjoyable journey. Catering to three daily flights, the lounge offers customers even greater levels of comfort, hospitality and convenience as they start their Emirates experience in Cairo. Located at Departure Terminal 2, Level 2, above the secondary security check & Duty Free area, Emirates’ customers can look forward to relaxing, unwinding and enjoying award-winning service and cuisine.

The lounge was formally opened with a ribbon-cutting ceremony led by Eng. Ahmed Youssef, Chairman of the Egyptian Tourism Promotion Board; Mohammed H Mattar, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President - Emirates Airport Services; and Thani Al Ansari, Country Manager, Egypt, Emirates.

https://www.emirates.com/media-centr...ounge-in-cairo
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:14 am

It's been open for a while now.
And what's the point of a dedicated lounge if they don't have fast track for immigration? Waited 50 minutes in line last week, which only left me time for a very rushed cup of coffee at the lounge. Saudia has a fast track in Cairo.

Shuly
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: Skywards silver
AMS lounge

With 2 A380 flights a day why does AMS still not have a dedicated EK lounge?
GLA has one and countless other 2 flight destinations.
Thinking to try AMS next year as a departure point and just wondered if anyone was privy to the reason why? Maybe Iam missing something obvious?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Bouncingsouls
With 2 A380 flights a day why does AMS still not have a dedicated EK lounge?
GLA has one and countless other 2 flight destinations.
Thinking to try AMS next year as a departure point and just wondered if anyone was privy to the reason why? Maybe Iam missing something obvious?
I believe the issue at AMS is that there is no space in the terminal for a lounge
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:53 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I believe the issue at AMS is that there is no space in the terminal for a lounge
I think only KL and BA have lounges at AMS. All the others are 3rd party.
Bouncingsouls likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I think only KL and BA have lounges at AMS. All the others are 3rd party.
Correct, and there will be a Star Alliance lounge in the coming months.....
There were some rumours regarding an EK lounge last year as well as a 3rd EK flight from Amsterdam starting as of May 2018,
None of them are in place at this moment....
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Apologies if this has been asked before but I did a quick search and couldnt find much. WIth the choice to fly First from LHR or LGW which would people choose from a lounge perspective?

Thanks
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
If staying overnight at LGW there are multiple hotels of all price ranges directly linked to the terminal (Even a premier inn just a minutes walk from the terminal !)
The lounge at LGW is nicer than the one at LHR IMHO . Security screening is quicker as well . If flying back to LGW immigration at LGW is much better than LHR

However the A380 gates at LGW are a long long walk away which is my only issue with LGW( unless things have changed over the last year)

​​​​​​

Last edited by ukdoctor; Aug 4, 2018 at 9:14 am
Old Aug 4, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by ukdoctor
If staying overnight at LGW there are multiple hotels directly linked to the terminal Even a premier inn just a minutes walk from the terminal)
The lounge at LGW is nicer than the one at LHR IMHO . Security screening is quicker as well . If flying back to LGW immigration at LGW is much better than LHR

However the A380 gates at LGW are a long long walk away which is my only issue with LGW( unless things have changed over the last year)

​​​​​​
Second that.

At LHR you get to board at lounge level but the walk at LGW isn't that bad!

The LGW lounge is usually a lot quieter (and so is F on the flight itself!), has very friendly staff and the whole airport is just a breeze to navigate around (apart from the 'enhanced' duty free maze) - definitely better than LHR.
thijsseh and ukdoctor like this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Second that.

At LHR you get to board at lounge level but the walk at LGW isn't that bad!

The LGW lounge is usually a lot quieter (and so is F on the flight itself!), has very friendly staff and the whole airport is just a breeze to navigate around (apart from the 'enhanced' duty free maze) - definitely better than LHR.
The difficulty of the walk at LGW depends on how much 'refreshments ' one has had in the lounge or on the aircraft .;-)
If in Y for an afternoon flight , I usually eat/drink in the lounge as lounge food is definitely better than Y food.

In J it is a difficult decision as lounge might still be better. However the good thing is that I can always look at the menu and plan

In F , I usually have only a light snack in the lounge and eat/drink onboard..

PS: Don't have a choice now as I lost status and I am now a blue . If in Y then the aircraft food is definitely better than the No:1 Gatwick on my Priority pass. :-)
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
If staying overnight at LGW there are multiple hotels of all price ranges directly linked to the terminal (Even a premier inn just a minutes walk from the terminal !)

​​​​​​
There is only one 380 gate at LGW. However I heard that a second was to be constructed for use by EK where the 55 gates are....that would halve the journey.

Hopefully they will soon reinstate the proposed 4th daily to LGW as the flights have been rammed the last 2/3 months. Even with the morning flight on a J/Y only 380.
ukdoctor likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:17 am
Lux

Originally Posted by simons1
There is only one 380 gate at LGW. However I heard that a second was to be constructed for use by EK where the 55 gates are....that would halve the journey.
I too have heard from EK staff at Gatwick that 'boarding from the lounge' will be available from the second half of next year, which would make sense if it was around Gate 55. The lounge would not be closed, all work would take place at night.

Another boost for Gatwick. Security is so much better than Heathrow, but the mandatory walk through duty free is just awful.

Here's the proposed site plan (you'll need to accept the site T&Cs before downloading)

Last edited by Lux; Aug 12, 2018 at 6:24 am Reason: Found planning application

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.