Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
F lounge was packed yesterday - a wait for a table for breakfast- seemed loads were paying to go in too
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
I don't know either​​​​​​​, but at other lounges with a 2 hour limit, they wouldn't let me in more than 2 hours before the flight. So at 9 hours before your onward flight , they may refuse entry or may require you to pay for two lots of 4 hours. Just a guess.
I've also seen this approach at contract lounges. No entry whatsoever until x hours before departure time where x is the maximum time allowed in the lounge (so in practice you get less time in the lounge than this unless the flight is delayed).
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:16 pm

Can I use business class lounge in either concourse?

At terminal 3, are we allowed to use the EK business lounge in either concourse regardless of where our flight is leaving from?

If so I would really like to chill in the one at concourse A.

Last edited by a330boston; Jun 27, 2017 at 5:17 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: EK Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Rewards, Global Entry, MileagePlus
Yes. They'll mention that your flight is in another concourse, just reply you like the showers here better
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:08 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
If time allows, I always try make it to the concourse A J lounge. Usually less crowded and generally nicer.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by a330boston
At terminal 3, are we allowed to use the EK business lounge in either concourse regardless of where our flight is leaving from?

If so I would really like to chill in the one at concourse A.
As the others have mentioned you can use any lounge. Just remember to make sure you look for your departure gate and then build in the time to get back to B/C if your flight is departing from there.

Totally agree that the lounge in A is by far the best. Get cigar bar. Usually less crowded. B is acceptable. I would never bother with C, it's a dump.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:38 am

Hoping someone can help me - this is very possibly a stupid question; I am thinking about using my miles to upgrade from Y Flex to J on an upcoming flight from DXB-GLA. Do you get lounge access with miles upgrades?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:40 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by 773ER
Hoping someone can help me - this is very possibly a stupid question; I am thinking about using my miles to upgrade from Y Flex to J on an upcoming flight from DXB-GLA. Do you get lounge access with miles upgrades?
Yes, you do along with chauffeur drive.

S
Old Jul 3, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Yes, you do along with chauffeur drive.

S
Perfect, thanks for the quick response!
Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by 773ER
Perfect, thanks for the quick response!
You're welcome. Enjoy

S
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Just noticed that the EK lounge page is showing Boston as having an EK lounge and also Boston has been removed from the list of partner lounges. Does anyone have any information about the opening date (or if it is already open)? It feels very late compared to BA and LH which have had their new lounges open for months now.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:01 am

lounge access

Just taken up offer to upgrade my daughter Y to J for her flight GLA - DXB.
States no CD or lounge access which I accept but just wondering if any chance lounge staff at GLA may allow access ?
Anyone with any experience of being allowed lounge access on one of these upgrade offers ?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:05 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You can try, but very doubtful they'd allow access.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: Skywards silver
Are you able to pay at outstations yet?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:13 am

I agree with DYKWIA, you can try. I have tried similar things with mixed results with Emirates. After getting off a F flight in DXB I tried to get into the F lounge and did not succeed. I have however in DXB brought a guest into the Bussines lounge who was not on the same flight as me. The second time I tried this I was however unsuccessful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.