EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Safari_7,

I do this journey (Middle East to Botswana via Jo'burg) regularly. I'd recommend breakfast at the InterContinental just across the road from arrivals. You could try the Emirates lounge once you have returned "airside" but I always head to the great Shongololo Lounge (Priority Pass/pay access) for a shower. Where are you going in Botswana?

Work-Shy
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Thanks Work-Shy ....... I was hoping to not clear immigration/customs etc etc., and just go into the transit side. Will try the Shongololo lounge - thanks for the tip. Sounds good enough and I don't mind paying to use it. Somehow, I don't think EK would allow me to use the lounge while awaiting my flight to Maun on SAA airlink.

Ah! so I see that you travel to Botswana often ...... I wish EK starts a service to Gaborone atleast. Afterall, they do have Harare etc etc.,
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:50 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Does anyone know if the SEZ lounge has showers?

Will be useful to know before my flight back on Sunday.

Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
Originally Posted by safari_7
Thanks Work-Shy ....... I was hoping to not clear immigration/customs etc etc., and just go into the transit side. Will try the Shongololo lounge - thanks for the tip. Sounds good enough and I don't mind paying to use it. Somehow, I don't think EK would allow me to use the lounge while awaiting my flight to Maun on SAA airlink.

Ah! so I see that you travel to Botswana often ...... I wish EK starts a service to Gaborone atleast. Afterall, they do have Harare etc etc.,
Personally, I would never trust the thieving and incompetent luggage handlers at JNB for any longer than necessary (the long layover leaves a tasty opportunity to rifle through your luggage as well as misplacing it). Maybe I am paranoid but I always get any checked luggage plastic wrapped as well. From bitter experience, SA AirLink is much better than Air Botswana for keeping to schedule. Enjoy Maun and, presumably, the Delta - a great time of the year to visit.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Good tip, Thanks ..... Shall get it plastic wrapped.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by safari_7
Good tip, Thanks ..... Shall get it plastic wrapped.
Id like to get my luggage plastic wrapped but how does this stop security checks. On a trip to USA/Canada my luggage was searched 4 times ( they leave a calling card inside). I've never had it searched on route to Australia though but does this mean it isn't searched or they just don't let you know? Does plastic wrap deter a search? As far as I know there is no wrap service at Manchester airport. The odd time I have done it, I've done it myself. Have to say though, I've done it so my suitcase doesn't get battered rather than to stop pilfering.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by Katykat
Id like to get my luggage plastic wrapped but how does this stop security checks. On a trip to USA/Canada my luggage was searched 4 times ( they leave a calling card inside). I've never had it searched on route to Australia though but does this mean it isn't searched or they just don't let you know? Does plastic wrap deter a search? As far as I know there is no wrap service at Manchester airport. The odd time I have done it, I've done it myself. Have to say though, I've done it so my suitcase doesn't get battered rather than to stop pilfering.
I haven't used but MAN does have bag wrap: http://www.bagwrap.com/locations.php
Have been lucky so far in JNB but their reputation is not great, as mentioned. Not sure if the wrap prevents security searches though.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:05 am

Current JFK lounge hours?

Does the JFK lounge open 3 hours prior to the 1120 AM flight? Also, does the lounge stay open until departure of the next flight at 1630? Regards, Z
Old Jul 21, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Zalmistinks
Does the JFK lounge open 3 hours prior to the 1120 AM flight? Also, does the lounge stay open until departure of the next flight at 1630? Regards, Z
The JFK lounge is open all day. Not sure how early but have used it as early as 7:00 am and then it remains open all through the day until 202 departs - not sure if they close the lounge for a couple of hours in the night.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:17 pm

EK Lounge in CPT

Hello, I see its the bidvest lounge? Looks like its currently undergoing a renovation. How is this contracted lounge? Too bad there is no EK Lounge here.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Hello, I see its the bidvest lounge? Looks like its currently undergoing a renovation. How is this contracted lounge? Too bad there is no EK Lounge here.
It's pretty average food wise but decent view and lots of beer plus wifi made for a pleasant time when I was there! Is it shut now? What's the replacement?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:49 am

Wasn't there talk of the DXB F Lounges being renovated? Or they going to stay status quo for the next couple years?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Wasn't there talk of the DXB F Lounges being renovated? Or they going to stay status quo for the next couple years?
They seem to be in pretty good shape, not sure they need renovation....
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if the new Emirates Lounge in NRT is in T2 Main Building or T2 Satellite Building? I checked the flight and it seems to leave from the Satellite Building, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: EK - Silver
LHR - Lounge T3

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been covered, I did a couple of searches.

I'm off to Dubai tomorrow, does anyone know if the Heathrow T3 lounge has reopened yet, or is there available use at a different lounge?

regards, Matt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.