Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Buckd1ch
Thanks..just finished my trip and you were so right.

I cant believe how disgusting those showers were.

Emirates should be ashamed of themselves. I felt like i could have caught any number of diseases in that shower. They need to take a leaf out of the Sakura lounge at Haneda.
This in the F lounge in Dubai?? I haven't used it in years .......
Old Aug 2, 2022, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by safari_7
This in the F lounge in Dubai?? I haven't used it in years .......
This was the J lounge concourse C.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 9:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Buckd1ch
This was the J lounge concourse C.
Probably the worst lounge at DXB
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:27 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Probably the worst lounge at DXB
That is probably true. But I have heard the same comments about dirt and grime in the B concourse F lounge showers recently.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by thijsseh
That is probably true. But I have heard the same comments about dirt and grime in the B concourse F lounge showers recently.
Yep. A is fine. B has bad days. C I wouldn’t ever dare.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Is it still the case that the two taps in the shower should be marked "hot" and "not quite as hot"? I assume the so-called "cold" water is stored - possibly outdoors - at ambient temperature. Every time I took a shower there (and after 13 hrs from Sydney I needed it), I felt like I needed another shower right away because I was sweating as soon as I towelled off.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Is it still the case that the two taps in the shower should be marked "hot" and "not quite as hot"? I assume the so-called "cold" water is stored - possibly outdoors - at ambient temperature. Every time I took a shower there (and after 13 hrs from Sydney I needed it), I felt like I needed another shower right away because I was sweating as soon as I towelled off.
LOL. That is especially true from April to October.
It seems to be like that everywhere in the UAE!

I worked there for 11 years and in all that time, there was not one basin, shower and probably toilet too (although I never tested that!) that had cold water issuing from it.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 10:30 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BadoRas
LOL. That is especially true from April to October.
It seems to be like that everywhere in the UAE!

I worked there for 11 years and in all that time, there was not one basin, shower and probably toilet too (although I never tested that!) that had cold water issuing from it.
The worst is when you sit on a toilet and your behind starts to sweat because of the heat emanating from the hot water in the bowl
Sorry TMI
BadoRas likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: EK platinum, ET, SAS
Originally Posted by S.R
The worst is when you sit on a toilet and your behind starts to sweat because of the heat emanating from the hot water in the bowl
Sorry TMI
Haaa haaa, the UAE's answer to the heated toilet seat. Heated toilet water!
S.R likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: Some
Heated toothbrush for your comfort too - it always surprises me when I’m still half asleep and I put the toothbrush in my mouth and the water is warm!

My answer is generally to try to fly at least one A380 F segment and then shower onboard either just before landing in DXB or just after leaving instead, showering in the lounges at DXB is just not pleasant if you don’t have to.
thijsseh and BadoRas like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, American AAdvantage, Continental One Pass
Any info on the EK Lounge at LHR? How are the showers there? Are they currently operating? Had read somewhere that the showers in that lounge were closed due to COVID restrictions
Old Aug 19, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Just flown AKL - BNE - DXB - MAN, QF J for the first leg, EK F for the rest

Easy access into brisbane qantas international lounge on an EK F ticket, plenty of seating at 18:30 on a Wednesday but can imagine it gets packed at rush hour. Clean lounge, great staff, modern and decent food. Lovely showers. Very nice place to spend 2 hours although lounge closes based on the QF LAX flight so you'll have 30 mins to wander round before boarding. As somebody who doesn't drink alcohol, very good selection of soft drinks/non alcoholic beverages. Didn't bother looking at the plaza premium lounge as I could see how busy it was through the windows.

Had 2 hours in DXB, landed at A gates so quickly whizzed to the concourse A lounge for some breakfast. Completely deserted at 4am but decent food on offer and buffet had just been set up so all fresh food! Emirati style pancakes ordered as a quick bite, delicious. Quick shower, clean but definitely showing age now and I had to hold my shower door shut the whole time!

Then mooched over to concourse C (as departed from C9) for a quick pepsi in the F lounge there, weird weird space with an upstairs smoking mezzanine?? Concourse C overall remains terrible as always, boarding was chaos.
Buster CT1K likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 9:07 am

I'll be flying out of DXB in F soon. It's my first time so I'm planning to lounge-hop a bit.

Based on the posts here, it seems like the F lounge at Concourse A is best, followed by B, followed by C? Anything interesting at any particular lounge (i know there is a Moet bar at one of the J lounges, for example)?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 10:19 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by dontsh00t
I'll be flying out of DXB in F soon. It's my first time so I'm planning to lounge-hop a bit.

Based on the posts here, it seems like the F lounge at Concourse A is best, followed by B, followed by C? Anything interesting at any particular lounge (i know there is a Moet bar at one of the J lounges, for example)?
C lounge has a bad rep on here but if you are planning on having a shower I’d rather use C over B, contrary to one of the comments above. B showers are terrible, they don’t have a sink or a hair dryer within the shower room, C does. In B you get the pleasure of drying your hair whilst someone spits in the sink next to you.

C lounge is normally pretty quiet and has a view of the tarmac, A and B don’t even feel like lounges when you walk around them. Obviously A and B provide more food options due to their size and have more of a “wow” factor when you walk in.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 10:50 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by dontsh00t

The only Moët bar is in the B J lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.