EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Old Sep 22, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
A quick question asking for recent experiences. Flying in F from Tokyo Haneda next month - assuming the JAL F lounge is still open (and it dooesn't look like it will be closing for renovations until October at the earliest) - do EK F passengers get to use this lounge or must they use the Sakura Lounge?
Thanks.
To answer my own question, I’ve checked in and my mobile boarding pass includes and invitation to the JAL F lounge.
Dambus and serfty like this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:44 pm

If I am flying First, can I use the Qantas lounge in SIN?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:09 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Wapps68
If I am flying First, can I use the Qantas lounge in SIN?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Zol
Thank you!
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:05 am
twr

Will be my first time in business class. Does anyone know if the lounge at Johannesburg airport have a shower? I'm sure it does but just want to double check
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by twr
Will be my first time in business class. Does anyone know if the lounge at Johannesburg airport have a shower? I'm sure it does but just want to double check
It does. Ask at reception and they’ll organise towels etc.
twr likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AM
DXB First Class Lounge - Mixed Ticket

Hi guys, sorry in advance for this newbie question!

If I arrive in DXB on First Class, but fly out of DXB on a different class ticket (e.g. Business), would I still be able to access the First Class Lounge in DXB?

Thanks so much!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:39 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Generally, no. Emirates grants lounge access only based on the departing class of travel.

However, some exceptions have been made in cases where you purchased an F ticket, but the connecting flight only has J, and no F. In that case, they might look into your fare basis to confirm whether you have indeed have an F fare, and might allow you into the F lounge. (This has worked for me a few times) This will only work though on a paid F ticket where the connecting flight is 2 class only. If your connecting flight has F but you are in J, unfortunately no F lounge access will be granted.
Also, if you used miles to purchase a ticket that has the inbound to DXB in F, and the connecting flight from DXB in J, then I don't believe you would receive F lounge access. You still receive F lounge access if you use miles to upgrade or to book your ticket, so long as you are in F on the flight departing from Dubai.

And as mentioned below, you can always purchase F lounge access worst case.
sushimaru likes this.

Last edited by S.R; Oct 30, 2019 at 12:14 pm
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
You can always pay the fee to get into the F lounge if they deny you access based on your mixed ticket. S.R., do you mean that access will not be granted if you used miles to upgrade or used miles to purchase the ticket? Just curious as I have a mixed coming up also where 2nd leg is 2 class only and I paid for J the whole way and then used miles to get into F for the first leg.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
SR
{Also, if you used miles for your ticket, you will not be granted F lounge access}
Methinks you are incorrect
I have just used miles to upgrade a sector from J to F and I do get the F lounge in DXB-but only for departures (which my flight is) but I am arriving in J and departing in F
SS
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
SR
{Also, if you used miles for your ticket, you will not be granted F lounge access}
I have just used miles to upgrade a sector from J to F and I do get the F lounge in DXB-but only for departures (which my flight is) but I am arriving in J and departing in F
SS
You get Lounge access on class of travel of departure in F whether miles or not
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:08 pm
S.R

Originally Posted by Silverswimmer
SR
SS
Sorry,what I typed didn't correctly convey what I was trying to say, what I meant was if you used miles for a ticket such as: JFK-DXB-KUL where JFK-DXB is in F, while DXB-KUL is in J on a 2 class, AFAIK you would not receive F lounge access. However if you flew JFK-DXB-KUL on a paid F ticket where the DXB-KUL ticketed in J bc of only a 2 class aircraft, then you would receive F lounge access bc the fare basis would be F. Hope that clears things up.
Will update my post as well.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 12:13 pm
S.R

Originally Posted by Flaneurs
You can always pay the fee to get into the F lounge if they deny you access based on your mixed ticket. S.R., do you mean that access will not be granted if you used miles to upgrade or used miles to purchase the ticket? Just curious as I have a mixed coming up also where 2nd leg is 2 class only and I paid for J the whole way and then used miles to get into F for the first leg.
See my updated post, but AFAIK you would not receive complimentary F lounge access with your ticket of XXX-DXB in F upgraded with miles and DXB-ZZZ in 2 class J. I could be wrong though so please report back with your experience!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:36 pm

Emirates lounge guest access

I cannot be able to find an answer on emirates website. Can I bring a guest to the first class lounge in Dubai if I fly on a first class ticket (if so, how many?)? Any help is appreciated
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Are you a Gold or Platinum member? If so, I think you can providing guest on same flight......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.