Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Carl380

just called concierge and sadly you have to have a visa infinite privilege card and not just a visa infinite.

so then they sign you up with priority pass for a fee and you get 6 free lounge access passes + subsidized fee afterwards. Don’t think it’s worth it since the year fees are over $399 to get a visa infinite privilege card. Might as well just buy a priority pass.
Or just pay the once off fee of around 45usd... Or go to a restaurant
Carl380 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:34 pm

The last time someone mentioned the lounge at ICN was a few years ago. Wanted to know if there is an update regarding the lounge offering flying on EK F leaving from ICN? Emirates website says Asiana lounge, is that a business or first class lounge?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by gbongc
The last time someone mentioned the lounge at ICN was a few years ago. Wanted to know if there is an update regarding the lounge offering flying on EK F leaving from ICN? Emirates website says Asiana lounge, is that a business or first class lounge?
Sometime last year, it was the OZ F lounge for F pax. I don't think it has changed since then.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 8:52 pm

Emirates 4 hour limit lounge

Hi,

I am traveling Eco from Bos to Dub and have a layover of 7 hours from 7 PM to 3 AM so I was planning to take the 100$ Lounge but Emirates says it will only allow 4 hours so by the time I deboard and go the lounge say it will be 8 PM will they kick me out at 12 AM how will they do that... would they keep track of the time... please enlighten me
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by kyenku
Hi,

I am traveling Eco from Bos to Dub and have a layover of 7 hours from 7 PM to 3 AM so I was planning to take the 100$ Lounge but Emirates says it will only allow 4 hours so by the time I deboard and go the lounge say it will be 8 PM will they kick me out at 12 AM how will they do that... would they keep track of the time... please enlighten me
take your boarding pass from you
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:55 pm

Oh okay so they will take the boarding pass away from me when I go in?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 11:47 pm

No since you could just get a new one. They probably won't let you in until 4hrs before your flight
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:20 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Hi,

Interesting question Never heard anyone who has ‘tried’ to be there for over 4 hours and what happened. Not letting you in until 4 hours before boarding is due to start would be the most logical way, but who knows?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: OneWorld, Aeroplan,StarAlliance
I’ve done this in Doha with Qatar airways and never really had any issues.. it’s not like they come check on you.. as long as you don’t do anything stupid you are fine. Just keep in mind you’re in the Middle East and breaking simple rules can get you in a lot of trouble
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:30 pm

so should I just exit after 4 hours?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold
Hi,

Based on my own experience upgrading from complementary business class lounge access to F lounge in concourse B, you will be let in 4 hours prior to departure.

As my stopover was 10+ hours I decided just to stay in the business class lounge.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:53 pm

We are doing GRU - DXB followed by DXB - SIN and SIN - MEL all in F.

We have a long layover in the DXB F lounge so wanted to know a bit more about the food offerings so I could plan my meals onboard the first flight a bit better.

Does anyone have recent menus? Also I see there is a buffet type arrangement with sushi etc in the First lounge - is that of good quality?

Thanks!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:04 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by am0985
We are doing GRU - DXB followed by DXB - SIN and SIN - MEL all in F.

We have a long layover in the DXB F lounge so wanted to know a bit more about the food offerings so I could plan my meals onboard the first flight a bit better.

Does anyone have recent menus? Also I see there is a buffet type arrangement with sushi etc in the First lounge - is that of good quality?

Thanks!
Here's the most recent F lounge menu I have - only a couple of months old.

Though the buffet food is very good, I always order a la carte. You can also order sushi, sashimi, rolls etc. to be brought to your table.

AFAIK, the menu and general food offering is identical in the F lounges in Concourse A and B. The choice is a bit more limited in the F lounge in Concourse C. Though you're obviously welcome to use any or all of them!

DYKWIA, Carl380 and am0985 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:39 pm

If I fly F to DXB and F from DXB with a 9 hours lay over. I do have only 4 hours in to the lounge? I will visit Dubai for a couple hours, but maybe not long enough.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by SwissTom
If I fly F to DXB and F from DXB with a 9 hours lay over. I do have only 4 hours in to the lounge? I will visit Dubai for a couple hours, but maybe not long enough.
You can stay in the lounge the entire 9hrs if you want to. 4h restrictions is only if you pay for access

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.