Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2017, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
the hotel?
A is much quieter and more relaxed. Almost empty between the busy connection periods
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:32 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Went through the B lounge yesterday, noticed they had a lot more signage inside the lounge.

Also, there is a lot more variety with the food. They've got a lot more Indian food in one of the buffet areas close to the champagne lounge. They've got a couple of standees advertising this as well. "East meets West" kind of a theme.

The buffet near the entrance to the lounge still has the same kind of options as before (ratatouille, lasagna etc).
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: Ex-5C club, Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by mannimagus
Went through the B lounge yesterday, noticed they had a lot more signage inside the lounge.

Also, there is a lot more variety with the food. They've got a lot more Indian food in one of the buffet areas close to the champagne lounge. They've got a couple of standees advertising this as well. "East meets West" kind of a theme.

The buffet near the entrance to the lounge still has the same kind of options as before (ratatouille, lasagna etc).
I think the OP was referring specifically to the F lounges. However if there is a hidden Champagne lounge in the F lounges, please let us know! Hate to miss out on the perks.....
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Flaneurs
I think the OP was referring specifically to the F lounges. However if there is a hidden Champagne lounge in the F lounges, please let us know! Hate to miss out on the perks.....
Which OP? I think mannimagus was just commenting in general on their observation of the B lounge...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:30 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Have decided to do F lounge and see if it works out. I reckon the sleeping area in EK F is nicer than the *A first lounge private cabanas (essentially a travelodge) but would much rather be in something like CX first lounge cabanas in HKG.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:30 pm

Eeeek. Yes my comment and quote was certainly pertaining to mannimagus. My apologies.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 11:36 pm

I think skywardhunter is just trying to change the subject away from the hidden F Champagne lounge.

Last edited by Flaneurs; Oct 27, 2017 at 11:36 pm Reason: wrong space
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:08 am

I think skywardhunter is just trying to change the subject away from the hidden F Champagne lounge.
​​​​​​Not aware of any F champagne bar.r Mannimagnus' comment seemed to me to be related to the J Lounge, the buffet areas and reference to champagne bar make sense.

I wouldn't be that surprised if the F lounge had an identical champagne bar actually
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
​​​​​​Not aware of any F champagne bar.r Mannimagnus' comment seemed to me to be related to the J Lounge, the buffet areas and reference to champagne bar make sense.

I wouldn't be that surprised if the F lounge had an identical champagne bar actually
They do serve the rose in the F lounge (B) but as AFAIK no lounge in B at least...

Exciting that there's some Indian food... although with as much time as I've spent in HYD the spice levels won't be nearly as yummy. But as long as the lamb machbous stays in the rotation all will be well.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Eeeek. Yes my comment and quote was certainly pertaining to mannimagus. My apologies.
I did notice that I forgot to mention the J lounge in my post above. Sorry if that confused you!

Yes indeed.. was a general comment regarding some changes that I had noticed in the J lounge. Like I said, I forgot to mention the specific one.

Originally Posted by Metanoia
They do serve the rose in the F lounge (B) but as AFAIK no lounge in B at least...

Exciting that there's some Indian food... although with as much time as I've spent in HYD the spice levels won't be nearly as yummy. But as long as the lamb machbous stays in the rotation all will be well.
They have the same old stuff, cannot believe they are persisting with it for so long. It's a nice bonus that they have some Indian food now, but wouldn't mind them rotating one of the two buffet areas with some new cuisines from around the world. Considering so many nationalities pass through everyday. Too much to ask?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by sydtogla
If you booked in F, they usually acknowledge that you are entitled to the F lounge. If you use OLCI and save your boarding passes to your device you will see what lounge in DXB you are eligible for.
Thanks.

Booking is a mixture of A/F. Interestingly my connecting boarding pass referenced acces to the Business lounge at DXB. However the staff at the A F lounge this morning did a quick check and printed a new pass with F lounge access.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:01 am

?? The lounges have always been heavy on Indian food
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:27 am

?? The lounges have always been heavy on Indian food
there's now a dedicated asian food section in B lounge...As well as middle eastern and western.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:36 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
there's now a dedicated asian food section in B lounge...As well as middle eastern and western.
Love having my 4am Labneh, Biryani and Fattoush meals.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Love having my 4am Labneh, Biryani and Fattoush meals.
One of those is Indian, and terrible. Living half in Hyderabad, the home of biryani, eating the EK biryani is a sad experience. If it's any consolation I've never had a proper Biryani ANYWHERE outside Hyderabad, in other Indian cities or internationally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.