Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by vji6697
Has anyone managed to get into a lounge when they upgraded for cash from Y to J during on-line checkin ? Terms say no access, but just wondering if it is worth asking nicely when checking bags in.

Thanks
There is no invitation on the BP unless you have status so you can't unless you pay for the access specifically.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:02 am

A noob question. When they print BP (J class) for a codeshare flight operated by EK at DXB, will the lounge invitation be printed on BP? If yes, which lounge to use?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I'm thinking of paying to guest my wife in (I have silver) on an upcoming layover in Dubai. My question is how do they enforce the 4 hour rule? It's a 9 hour total layover and I'd pay the $100 but think $200 is a bit steep. I've never seen anyone actually patrolling while looking for people so I don't know how easy it is to get away with.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I'm thinking of paying to guest my wife in (I have silver) on an upcoming layover in Dubai. My question is how do they enforce the 4 hour rule? It's a 9 hour total layover and I'd pay the $100 but think $200 is a bit steep. I've never seen anyone actually patrolling while looking for people so I don't know how easy it is to get away with.
There've not really been any reports on this so far so I think it's pretty new territory. There's a chance they won't enforce it, on the other hand they might enforce it by confiscating the BP and when you return to collect it they can check the time. but you can always get a reprint or use a mobile BP
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:16 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There've not really been any reports on this so far so I think it's pretty new territory. There's a chance they won't enforce it, on the other hand they might enforce it by confiscating the BP and when you return to collect it they can check the time. but you can always get a reprint or use a mobile BP
I agree, I think it've very doubtful that they'd throw you out. They may mention it when you enter, but then forget all about it.

I reckon the number of people paying for lounge access will be very low. The number of those attempting to stay more that 4 hours will be miniscule.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I agree, I think it've very doubtful that they'd throw you out. They may mention it when you enter, but then forget all about it.

I reckon the number of people paying for lounge access will be very low. The number of those attempting to stay more that 4 hours will be miniscule.
I don't know either​​​​​​​, but at other lounges with a 2 hour limit, they wouldn't let me in more than 2 hours before the flight. So at 9 hours before your onward flight , they may refuse entry or may require you to pay for two lots of 4 hours. Just a guess.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:14 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
I don't know either, but at other lounges with a 2 hour limit, they wouldn't let me in more than 2 hours before the flight. So at 9 hours before your onward flight , they may refuse entry or may require you to pay for two lots of 4 hours. Just a guess.
Although there have been no reports, the easiest way that I can think of to police this would be if the desk kept the boarding passes which would have to be collected on departure from the lounge. Not sure how practical that would be but suppose it's one way of doing it.

​​​​​​​S
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Although there have been no reports, the easiest way that I can think of to police this would be if the desk kept the boarding passes which would have to be collected on departure from the lounge. Not sure how practical that would be but suppose it's one way of doing it.
But.... as SS said upthread, you could just reprint your BP or download it to your phone. And how would they do it if the BP was on your phone initially?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:32 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
But.... as SS said upthread, you could just reprint your BP or download it to your phone. And how would they do it if the BP was on your phone initially?
Very true but then would the lounge have the ability to inform the gate of a possible lounge overstayer and try and prise some more cash out of the pax at the gate. I think it would be weak argument for the pax to say they forgot they had left their BP at the lounge desk as i think naturally, if you couldn't find it before you left the lounge, your first port of call would be the desk to report and get it replaced in normal circumstances of mislaying a BP? Or am I overthinking?

As for a mobile BP? Hmmmm.....

S

Last edited by Saltire74; Jun 23, 2017 at 6:38 am Reason: Edit to add
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:49 am

SH

SS ist SilverSwimmer
Old Jun 23, 2017, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Very true but then would the lounge have the ability to inform the gate of a possible lounge overstayer and try and prise some more cash out of the pax at the gate. I think it would be weak argument for the pax to say they forgot they had left their BP at the lounge desk as i think naturally, if you couldn't find it before you left the lounge, your first port of call would be the desk to report and get it replaced in normal circumstances of mislaying a BP? Or am I overthinking?

As for a mobile BP? Hmmmm.....

S
Can you not use the mobile BP at DXB?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:22 am

Can you not use the mobile BP at DXB?
You can. Which is why confiscated BP would be tough to enforce
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:25 am

You can. Which is why confiscated BP would be tough to enforce
"Please top-up your App Store balance to update your boarding pass"
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by eternaltransit

Don't give them the idea of in-app purchases now
Old Jun 23, 2017, 11:40 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Originally Posted by eternaltransit

Don't give them the idea of in-app purchases now

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.